• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will an XTX fit in a Triton clamshell trailer???

wantsnow

Extreme
Hey everyone! I am thinking of getting an XTX this fall but am concerned that it won't fit in my enclosed trailer. I have not found the length of the sled anywhere so I am wondering if you guys can tell me if it will fit.

If you take the hood/windshield off, it will fit.

Just barely enough room, but it will go.

I was thinking of buying one and wondered the same thing. So I measured my Attak which just fit in my 10ft enclosed with a few inches to spare. I measured the XTX and it was only like and inch longer. So yes, it will fit. Apparently it has a much shorter front end compared to an Apex/Attak.

Mighty said:
I was thinking of buying one and wondered the same thing. So I measured my Attak which just fit in my 10ft enclosed with a few inches to spare. I measured the XTX and it was only like and inch longer. So yes, it will fit. Apparently it has a much shorter front end compared to an Apex/Attak.
at 119.8 its right there at 10ft..and I think it's 1.7 in. longer to be exact..some caps it will fit...others it wont..depending on the nose length of the cap..

Straight from Yamaha's web site; XTX is 119.8 inches and an Attak/Apex LTX is 118.1 inches. Many owners of 10 foot enclosed trailers said the Attak/Apex LTX was a tight fit but it worked. I cannot image that another 1.7 inches would make that much of a difference. 12 foot trailers are no problem for either sled.

Southern Renegade said:
theCATman said:

X2 I haul the hood in the truck cab

this might be the key then..maybe its the angle of the front part of the clamshell...along with the front extension..and the type of windshield along with the hood being so far forward..I wont do the remove and reinstall everytime I want her on the trailer...

who fits who has a medium or large windshield without removing????

You have to watch the front angle of the shell--These things are shaped like bulldogs,windshield etc.are more forward than the apex's.If the angle of the cap is not right ,the wind shield will hit the front.Had to modify mine. :o|

I put my mtx in my triton 10', I put 2x6 under the skies to fit the curve of the front of the clam shell (just fit with the stock windsheild).

Southern Renegade said:
theCATman said:

X2 I haul the hood in the truck cab

I was fine with the stock windshield but when I went to the medium windshield it hits now plus the angle is really tight. I has to be just right to fit

Back