• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wiring a GPS

cobra93302

Veteran
I did a little searching last night but that didn't answer my need for knowledge. I mounted my gps on the hood next to the speedometer. Now I have to find a place to put my wiring so when I lift my hood I don't rip the wire off. Can I hard wire into the headlight wire or would that be a bad idea? Wanted to wire into the battery, but wire is to short and don't want to splice a piece on to it. Thanks for your help. Tom :rocks:

Mount it to your handlebars or riser and wire it directly to your battery.

You could wire it directly into your headlight circuit, however when you shut your sled down, your gps may be interrupted by the power change and mess up a "breadcrumb trail" or shut off as well.

Gone Blue and Grimm thanks for all your help. I just got it hard wired to the battery.I ran the wire out the left headlight opening and zip tided to the maiin electric cable under the hood. I had enough wire to make it to the battery terminals. It is not tight but just enough free play so it wont pull on the wire when the hood is up. I have the same set up as you have Gone Blue, but mine is a 60CXs. Thank again for your help Grimm and Gone Blue. ;)!

Back