• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

wont start

glacierman

got an 2009 apex ltx everything ran good the first year I owned it. Last year in about feb I installed sled start and yamaheater and the yamaheater boost . we only rode for a couple of weeks after and everything was fine . this year I went to start it dead battery . charged it for couple of hours and it started so ok .then went to go riding the next morning and dead again . went to the store got a new battery and road the da no problems .now two weeks later go to start and the battery is dead again . those are the only accessories I have on the machine .need to know is the sled start or yamaheaters causing my problem

if you here a clicking sound when trying to turn the key it may be the starter solenoid. i thought i had a bad battery charged it and it would run, then the next morning it was dead. so eventually i got a new battery and it did the same thing. i kept hearing a clicking sound by the battery and ended up being the starter solenoid. i guess they can burn out over time. its an expensive piece about 60 bucks but much better than being at a trail junction not being able to run.

Something is draining your battery,start with the yamaheaters and all aftermarket parts you installed. A brand new battery in 2 weeks,something is definatley being powered after you turn off.

I'm just starting to get familiar with these 4 stroke Yammi's so somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Could the problem possibly be from using the emergency kill switch and leaving the key in the ignition in the "On" position? I know hitting the kill switch shuts the power off to the starter and gauges but what about the heaters?

I would have to say check your sled start

Rock sold a ton of yamaheaters with no issues of the battery going dead

If those are the only things you put on then you might have to do trial and error to see which one it is.

Good luck and let us know.....

YamahaMainer said:
I'm just starting to get familiar with these 4 stroke Yammi's so somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Could the problem possibly be from using the emergency kill switch and leaving the key in the ignition in the "On" position? I know hitting the kill switch shuts the power off to the starter and gauges but what about the heaters?
I believe you have to turn off the key or the instrument pod will drain the bat. I installed a sledstart last year and over the summer it drained my bat. It was time for a new bat anyway (2007 model) so I put a new one in about a month ago. Sled starts right up a month later. In the sledstart instructions it says to disconnect the bat if you are letting the sled sit for over 2 weeks. Or else hook it up to a decent trickle charger. Have no experience with yamaheater.

Back