• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wont stay running???

fasteddie

Extreme
I have an 09 Nytro with full hindle exhaust and PC-V and when i try to start it, it runs for a second backfires and stalls. The battery did go stone dead on me over the summer and I'm wondering if the PC-5 lost its settings?

It will not loose its setting in the PCV with a dead battery.. unplug the PCV and see if it still runs.

Ok, just got back from vacation and I'm going to try the suggestions above also changing the plugs as their likely fouled by now (I killed the battery twice trying to start it). My next Q is ...do I have to change the oil from all the fuel that didn't get burned from so much cranking???

Have you checked for the harness rubbing on the casting nub behind the primary?

Not yet, but going to check that first. I'm kinda worried about the oil having too much fuel in it from the cranking over to try and start it?

Pull your dipstick and check level and use your nose to detect any fuel fumes.

I wouldn't worry about it because it is fuel injection, it only takes what it needs. However if it was a carburetored then I would be worried, because it would just be throwing fuel down its throat and not using it.

Back