• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wrecked sled

Allan

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Sr Viper XTX
Came around a blind corner and me and another sled hit in front . I had the good bumper so that took most of it but even that broke.
From what I can tell so far the Bulkhead is bent maybe the lower frame front and one A arm got a dent in it.
The stock skid pate are bent so that makes me think the lower frame is bent. One ski is gone as well.

But I was able to drive it about 4km to get a lift.

Also no one got hurt, we both had liability insurance but don't think that well do much for us on less my insurance fixes his sled and his insurance fixes my sled.

Any thoughts on how to tackle this repair? Going to see if the insurance are going to do any think before I start.

One pic , ski bolt pulled out is why ski is like this.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 500
Did any one replace a Bulkhead or lower frame?

Brings new meaning to the phrase 'kissing cousins', Yamaha and Arctic cat. Cannondale has some experience of that kind.

I thought I see where Cannondale had a pic where he replaced his lower frame.

I did. Just get everything. Parts are very inexpensive. Subframe,bulkhead,sheet metal skid and access plate along with all the rivets and any self tapping screws. Start from top and work your way down. Air box,stem,bulkhead then subframe . Very easy. 5hrs first time I did it. Air rivet gun is about mandatory and don't forget the rivnuts in subframe they don't come in replacement subframe and are needed for adding a accessory skid plate.

Last edited:
I did. Just get everything. Parts are very inexpensive. Subframe,bulkhead,sheet metal skid and access plate along with all the rivets and any self tapping screws. Start from top and work your way down. Air box,stem,bulkhead then skid and bulkhead. Very easy. 5hrs first time I did it. Air rivet gun is about mandatory and don't forget the rivnuts in subframe they don't come in replacement subframe and are needed for adding a accessory skid plate.
I in boxed you:

I bent my lower frame and started to replace it and found more stuff bent and broke. Take a good look at the cast aluminium part at the front where all the tubes connect, mine was cracked and hard to see. Will see if I can find some pics. Fred

I bent my lower frame and started to replace it and found more stuff bent and broke. Take a good look at the cast aluminium part at the front where all the tubes connect, mine was cracked and hard to see. Will see if I can find some pics. Fred
Be great if you have some pic.

This piece is what he is talking about I believe. Shock is also attached to it. Check your shock eyelet also.
DSC00785.JPG

When you guy replace the bulk head and subframe did you use all the rivets from Yamaha or just but a box of large head black black 3/16 aluminum rivets ?

Back