• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Limiter straps torn

1050THMPR said:
WARRANTY!!! ;)!

Sorry to but in a new conversation, but how do you like those K&N filters, lol i noticed them in your default picture?

On page 2 of this forum. I have a simple diagram. What this does is make the strap more rigid so it doesn't fold over as easy and get chewed up by the lugs when the suspension collapses.

straps

Got a broken strap at 1400 miles last weekend, ran into a couple guys on the trail with xtx's and asked if they happened to have a spare. They said no and checked theirs and low and behold one of them had a broken strap as well. I will add this to my sub frame replacement, ski replacement and hyfax every 400 mile replacement. I am getting a little perturbed at all of the little things that seem to pop up on this seemingly great machine. I just don't know how long my wallet can hang. Keep this post updated fellas. How bout a poll???

a few problems on straps breaking if you ajust your straps you have to replace straps with optinal set check top little sliders on frt arm for pre. wear

I brock my left one today also at the bottom around the shaft. it look like it must rub on the lugs of the track. It was on the factory setting I looked at mine a week ago and they looked great at the time.

xtx limiter straps

600 miles ive been watchin them at 500 a few marks then rode some rough trails thawed it out as i always do to check out and grease found both broken why cant they biuld the sled like the engine

I've got 4500 miles on my XTX and I recently pulled the skid to work on a shock. I saw the same thing. Mine is definately caused by the track lugs. I'm replacing the straps tonight. I plan to make a spacer out of rubber hose to go over the lower bar and hold the straps away from the lugs.

How do you know which track lugs your straps are hitting?
Top or bottom?
The double-up strap will slow down the floppy action and keep it more centrally located away from the track either way.

vsmpowered said:
whats the part number for updated straps ?

I'm not exactly sure on that, but the 2011 models have more than just strap updates. I was told that the lower shaft was moved.
But I still have not seen a 2011 up close yet to get any solid information.

Back