• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx skid in rtx

10-4 kurzy

Cheap low quality stuff gets weeded out of the market fast. Doesn't take long to lose confidence from the community when you make shoddy parts.

Any of those would be a good bet. Since i can't find the oft set anywhere suddenly. Let us know how it all goes boots.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sounds good, i have also heard from other people that muffin works, makes a good set up too, im just not sure on going with the hartman cause it doesnt look like it has the tip ups which i dont think i want to go with the straight kit

I own an 08 Nytro with a 141 Yamaha/Arctic Cat skid with straight rails that's been setback for a 144 x 1 3/4 Backcountry track. Also have an 11 Apex XTX with tipped rails and a 144 x 1.5 Cross Over track. The Apex with tipped rails turns MARGINALLY better than the Nytro. Curves on the Apex and Slydog Powderhounds on the Nytro. But in straight out acceleration, the Nytro has much more track on the ground and pulls hard on the Apex. Both styles of rails have advantages and disadvantages. Neither would be a mistake.

Has anyone put an xtx skid in an rtx? I am thinking about trying to find an xtx skid to put in my rtx if it will fit... Either do that or get the rail extensions and extended out to a 136 or 141.

Anyone extend their's out with the rail extensions? how does it handle and would the 136 be enough?
I converted my 2012 xtx to a 128. the suspension I used was out of a 2008 rtx 121 an I added rail extension to make it a 128. 2500miles on the suspension track is 1.25 w studs in center some are broke but track is in good condition, have the skid which has star suspension kit, also have the brackets to rivet to your tunnel so the 144 suspension bolts right in. no holes required drilling all you have to due is grind off old rivets and rivet brackets in the other holes that are there. it is simple process but time consuming. $ 700.00 for everthing

Last edited:
I just bought the 136 kit from Tracks USA. They were great to deal with and it fits like a glove. In the process of changing it over tonight, all the hardware is included and it was surprisingly cheap! I just put the the 137-146 kit on my viper and that was great as well.

Attachments

• 20160212_191036.jpg
    20160212_191036.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 70

Back