• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX STEERING KNUCKLE PROBLEM & QUESTION

Have you had any issues with the upper ball joint/spindle connection?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

That is not bad compaired to the price of a new one. Especially since they are on backorder and will be stronger than the originial!
Thanks!

Please vote on the poll if you haven't already....More then 7 people have wrote about this issue.

Thanks!

I'll have to check out my front end. Haven't noticed that problem in particular, but judging from the amount of slop in my front end, I'd be surprised if I didn't have this problem as well.

spindle

Good luck getting one ive been waiting almost a week still on back order winters short why cant yamaha stock parts so the dealers can get them very frustraiting grrrrrr!!!

Re: spindle

battersea rider said:
Good luck getting one ive been waiting almost a week still on back order winters short why cant yamaha stock parts so the dealers can get them very frustraiting grrrrrr!!!

Maybe this happened to too many sleds and Yamaha can't keep up with the demand????

I noticed this happened on my 07 Phazer as well. Probably my fault, since I had the front end apart for powder coating. I ended up putting a hardened washer under the ball and put Loc-Tite on the bolt.

Dealer located a spindle. It should be in today. Sled will have been down for 10 days waiting for the part. I guess not too bad considering that most of the snow melted during the down time - would not have ridden anyway. Hopefully I don't face this issue again. It will be nice to ride this weekend. Hayward got around 7" on Monday.

My call to the Customer Relations Department about a month ago prompted Yamaha to send me a Customer Service Survey. It appears my concerns fell on "deaf ears" at Yamaha so now I can let them know how satisfied I was with their lack of concern.

Am I wrong to think that this issue with the nut coming loose (on its own) and "egging" out the spindle is a problem ????

Blu2U2 said:
My call to the Customer Relations Department about a month ago prompted Yamaha to send me a Customer Service Survey. It appears my concerns fell on "deaf ears" at Yamaha so now I can let them know how satisfied I was with their lack of concern.

Am I wrong to think that this issue with the nut coming loose (on its own) and "egging" out the spindle is a problem ????

No, you are not wrong to think that. Yamaha should act on this issue/problem as well.

Thanks for the reply MCApex44! I am glad that someone who is unbiased feels the same way thay I do.

It is one thing that if this had happened if I hit something...but to have it happen all on its own is the part that I would think Yamaha should be concerned with!

When this happend I could have easily hit a drift on the trail knocking the ski off causing me to go off into the trees.

I haven't had an issue, but I had my balljoints apart at 1000 miles, so I know they were tightened right.

There was a sled at Powersports 1 in Kaukauna a few weeks ago that had that same problem.

I have an extra pair of '09-up spindles if anyone needs one.

Back