• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX STEERING KNUCKLE PROBLEM & QUESTION

Have you had any issues with the upper ball joint/spindle connection?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
I spoke too soon, Mine came loose on Sat. The dealer just put a new bulkhead and lower balljoints on it 700 miles ago, I expect they didn't tighten it hard enough. My spindle is junk, but good thing I have an extra. I expect it would be covered under warranty since they just worked on it.

Since it has been almost 1 year since the last post I am wondering how the past season went. Did anyone else have any issues???

mine loosened up again on me... tightened her up and has been good ever scince, about 500 miles.

I am looking into this issue along with some others who had it happen to them. Will any of the 27 who voted yes in the poll please send me a PM. Right now I need to hear from only the residents of the United States. Thanks!

got about 8500 kms on mine in two winters, no issues but, will do the all the front end before the snow flys again. will also check the sub-frame at the same time, never realized that prone to damage, i slammed it into the side of very large ditch when i first got it (mistakenly took big transfer for actually getting the front end off the ground...) so just curious

Old thread but had this happen to me today.

I had to take my spindles off to change the bottom spindle bushings, I guess I should have put some red loctite on the bolts.

my front end is tweaked a little...do you think that's whats causing it to come loose?? or worn out ball bushing

Got that issue with my right one too
Dealer was good he ordered a new knuckle
My sled came with no washers on top of the knuckle just one on the bottom with the nut but i see that some have a washer on top now.Is it a improvement ? sled knuckle.jpg

Back