• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA - EASY WAY OUT

Well after looking at the pictures and looking at new Cats on the trail this weekend it does seem to have a unique headlight, but I am not positive on that.

With that said, I don't think sharing a chassis for one model line is a bad idea, however I do believe that the Viper should have gotten it's own plastic so at least it appeared much different then the Cat version. I guess we will have to see what the Cat version looks like when they release it.

stubb111 said:
wow....just got the email from yamaha canada regarding the new yamaha's, let down it's a f'n cat. they even got rid of the rear exhaust??? how can that twisted up cat pipe be more efficient than the old style. so are the cats using the 3cyl yamaha motor now too? they might think its a good thing but, when's the last time you looked at the A/C fit and finish compared to a yamaha.......me not really impressed...sorry just my opinion. this should be really interesting reading for the next while on here...LOL
Yes,Arcticcat will have the Yamaha 4 stroke motors in some of their sleds come 2014 release

stubb111 said:
interested to see the fit and finish, not impressed with my two buddies 2013 turbos (one goes like hell and the other is a dog???) i really like the 3 in 1 out the back exhaust!!!

I hate to disappoint but the fit and finish externally still sucks, just like the Arctic Cats. Internally, it looks like they did their homework. The only part that I don't care for is that they removed a bunch of engine bracing to shave the weight. I just hope they didn't take out too much????

00-NUKE said:
stubb111 said:
interested to see the fit and finish, not impressed with my two buddies 2013 turbos (one goes like hell and the other is a dog???) i really like the 3 in 1 out the back exhaust!!!

I hate to disappoint but the fit and finish externally still sucks, just like the Arctic Cats. Internally, it looks like they did their homework. The only part that I don't care for is that they removed a bunch of engine bracing to shave the weight. I just hope they didn't take out too much????

these are still pre-production sleds with a little reworked plastics, sounds like everything is still being trimmed and tucked. I think yamaha will have everything up to their standards before they roll out to the consumers... hopefully...

00-NUKE said:
Where do I start?????
I went to the fist showing in Minneapolis last night for the 2014 Yamaha's and have NEVER been so disappointed in a Manufacturer. I talked with the Yamaha rep for about 30 minutes and you could tell that he was trying desperately to retain peoples belief in Yamaha's. He stated that the Viper chassis was almost nothing like the AC 1100 chassis. He had also stated that there are members of Yammaha working up in Thief River Falls and that AC is having a tough time maintaining Yamaha's "stringent" assembly criteria.

IMO: I't's all a load of hoo-ha. After going through the Viper from nose to tail, I found the following........
1. Cat Ski's
2. Cat Plastics
3. Cat Skid
4. Cat Track
5. Cat Chassis
6. Cat Spindles
7. Yamaha Engine
8. Yamaha Clutching
9. Yamaha Yamaha Gears
10. Yamaha Windshield
11. Yamaha Display

I guess I might have felt even a little better if Yamaha would have added some of their own looks to this sled or at least found a way to keep the tip in the rail of the XTX. No wonder they were able to keep in under the radar for so long. All they had to do was leave th dang thing green until it's release. What a JOKE! My last works were "the proof is in the pudding" as I pointed at the ski with a blue ski loop and it had "Arctic Cat" molded in the plastic.

I'm gonna have to ask you for a photo release form...I'm the guy in the black Klim jacket behind the sled!!

You might want to scratch the unique Yamaha display off your list, unless you consider the decal saying Yamaha at the bottom versus Arctic Cat at the bottom to be unique. lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 108
00-NUKE said:
stubb111 said:

everybody wants lightweight so they have to shave somewhere,either its flimsy and light or heavy and solid,like a genuine yamaha

Stone9 said:
Ya this is not a break tHough sled y are they charging so much each manufacturer had this technology. This should be a 8000 sled. Ya we wanted a lighter sled but we wanted it made by YAMAHA

I was thinking the same thing. We didn't want lighter at any cost.

yamajammer76 said:
You might want to scratch the unique Yamaha display off your list, unless you consider the decal saying Yamaha at the bottom versus Arctic Cat at the bottom to be unique. lol

LoL wow it looks so 80's. They gave up a nice looking guage for that ugly piece?

SRXSRULE2 said:
yamajammer76 said:

LoL wow it looks so 80's. They gave up a nice looking guage for that ugly piece?

It probably weighs less. lol :jump:

yamajammer76 said:
SRXSRULE2 said:
yamajammer76 said:

If weight it the issue is there an option to delete it all together? I can tell when my high beams are on, I'm getting low on fuel etc. When the engine starts knocking, I'll assume its low on oil but that will never happen! Won't care how fast I'm going, what RPM the belt didn't blow at or what time it was!

SRXSRULE2 said:
yamajammer76 said:
SRXSRULE2 said:
yamajammer76 said:

If weight it the issue is there an option to delete it all together? I can tell when my high beams are on, I'm getting low on fuel etc. When the engine starts knocking, I'll assume its low on oil but that will never happen! Won't care how fast I'm going, what RPM the belt didn't blow at or what time it was!

I was just joking on the weight, but honestly it is probably more about "de-contenting" to increase profit margin more then anything. I don't mind the digital only display on my Nytro, but I do wish it was a bit larger and I didn't have to toggle through everything to see the tach, odo, and trip.

As was I, obviously you need a gauge for mileage etc. I don't mind the small nytro gauge either. Things I do miss as you stated, not having a tach without having to flip through. Two trip meter's are nice so you can keep track of total mileage for the day, the other for fuel. I like having an analogue tach as well, makes it easier for clutching.

Back