• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Fuel by FXR helmet

journeyman

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
Has anyone here purchased and used this helmet? Looking for some reviews.

I am looking to get a new full face helmet before my UP of Michigan trip. I drove up to Bob's Cycle in St. Paul,MN yesterday and tried on multiple HJC helmets in the CL series. I currently have a HJC CL-15 that is Yamaha blue and white but am now interested in a modular style (Matte Black). I liked the HJC IS-Max helmet being it was modular, had an electric shield and best yet the internal sun shade. Problem was the 3xl fit but felt tight on the side of my face. The 4xl was too loose.

Bob's had the FXR Fuel (same as Yamaha Fuel) but large was their biggest size. I think I would need the 2xl. It looks like a nice helmet but not one Yamaha dealer in the Mpls/St.Paul carries it. I also called Pat's in Greenland being that is where we will be going but they said they don't handle it either. Not sure if i would be safe ordering one online.

Ok thanks for the views.........looks like this isn't a good seller. I think I will look for something else. My biggest worry is Yamaha / FXR drops this helmet and soon enough you can't get parts (shield) for it.

I was looking at that fxr helmet. I think it looked like a nice piece. I almost bought it, but I just bought a helmet last year.
Two years ago I bought that HJC IS MAX .Here is the deal with that. The helmet is ok the double shield has a gap at the top and snow dust falls right in on your face (sounds like a great idea if it was 90 Deg. ) but it a bummer if you wear glasses. I just sold that to the brother in law at a huge loss.
For what its worth...I bought one of those ski-doo bv helmet 3 years ago. Many people like them some don't .... I did not !!!! and they are $$$.$$

Short answer I may try the FXR next they hace a cool paint job on them. if you go for the hjc I would check the fit of the shield . I could not cause the place I bought it at had to "order in the double shield"

Timely response, THANKS!!

I was going to order the IS-Max tonight.....infact it would have been a done deal on ebay other than I forgot the seller was Dennis Kirk. Not that I don't like them but it hit me I would have to pay tax being they are here in Minnesota. That's what stopped me being it would have been $15 cheaper to go buy it at Bob's being he offered me another 10% off.

I was wondering about those new style frameless shields HJC and others have switch to, infact the FXR has the same. I was curious if they sealed very good, apparently you found out they don't. I really like the look of the others with frames myself and my older HJC has never had leakage issues. Makes you wonder if these designers actually ride snowmobiles.

Thanks again True Blue, you may have saved me a headache.

It would be best to buy one where you can inspect it. Like I said the helmet is nice the shield is nice they just don't fit together .(on mine) Maybe I just got the 1

Yes I have one in the box... biggest they make. Had it from the start of the year. I have so much stuff to test and try out it may not even get touched.
I could help YA test ;)
To stay on topic. I bought a bv2s bombardier helmet. I went from MX/goggle style to a very satisfied not going to look back full modular helmet wearing guy!!!

It would be best to buy one where you can inspect it. Like I said the helmet is nice the shield is nice they just don't fit together .(on mine) Maybe I just got the 1
I just came from the HJC web site. it looks like they have new versions of this helmet. The shield is all different than mine. (looks to be a much better design) I had the IS max .... its is not on the web page its now called IS max 2

OK, so you did have the shield with the black frame. I guess HJC has discontinued that style shield and gone with the frameless design. So I had that part reversed.

I have one....its all right- the sun shield fogs up pretty easy, the heated visor cord comes undone really easy- has a few small wind leaks- otherwise its good....

Today, a guy I work with that rides allot, said his wife bought a HJC modular IS-Max and she claims it leaks air around the side pivot point and also on top where the slide lever is for the sun shield. The only two modular snow helmets I keep hearing good reports on are the Ski-Doo modular and the Scorpion modular.

I chose to go with a new matte black HJC Cl-17 with the heated shield. I couldn't even find a Scorpion EXO-900 modular helmet around here to try on. I figured I would go with a tried and true helmet. I think the Ski-Doo modular is a good one, but ugly....but after buying a new Ripsaw II track, new carbides, new Klim gloves...you name it, I didn't want to spend $300+ on a helmet too. Especially during a no snow season. :(

Back