• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha R.I.P 2013-02-20 or ?

Mr Y

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex TTX - 2014
Yamaha Venture MP - 2010
(ATV ) Yamaha Grizzly 450 eps- 2016
who will buy this new yamaha Cat sled ?

:moon:

Attachments

• viper2014.jpg
    viper2014.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 522

I wiill. The same people who are screaming for the past several years, Yamahas are heavy. I wiil not buy. Most will not buy anyways. Too busy listening to the BRP Koolaid marketing group. Now they sold out? Get real. Yamaha saves money on development costs. Good move. Gets a new chassis to match motors. Another good move. Maybe a new market for motors. Another plus. Increases profit by manufacturing here. Good move Yamaha. Just can not wait to hear all the whining over at Yellow land. Keep whining BRP you have been doing it since 1971 when Yamaha rained on your your parade at Eagle River, remember. Oh 72, 76 and the Bender years. Those fat ill handling cow Formulas. Great boat anchors. :yam:

YUK!!!! If I want a Cat I"ll buy a cat. I rode one of these chassis this weekend and was not impressed.

Uh oh the pictures up again. Countdown till it gets taken off. 10,9,8......

If it has a nytro turbo motor with Yamaha clutches and drive I will. Don't want cats drive components on it.

sheetwright said:
Uh oh the pictures up again. Countdown till it gets taken off. 10,9,8......

If it has a nytro turbo motor with Yamaha clutches and drive I will. Don't want cats drive components on it.
likewise here, now i just have to convince my wife lol

Yeah, we're all to stupid to go to other websites that show this same photo. This is the day and age we live in.....Yamaha ought to know that.

STAIN said:
YUK!!!! If I want a Cat I"ll buy a cat. I rode one of these chassis this weekend and was not impressed.
How long did you ride and what are you riding now? First time I rode mine I was impressed with handling and speechless about the deep powder performance. No Nytro arm-pump was also a nice bonus for my beat-up old body. :sled1:

Gman900 said:
I like it, as Long as it has 160+ hp
I'm betting 125. That Nytro engine will not breath as well with a front exhaust. It's also naturally asperated

Mighty said:
Gman900 said:
I'm betting 125. That Nytro engine will not breath as well with a front exhaust. It's also naturally asperated

It has a genesis motor....5 valve....meaning Apex motor not a Nytro motor (according to the pictures..). But you're right about the NA.

Its funny ...everyone wanted something new and lighter....and now all they are doing is bitching about it...this kind of sled is what everyone wanted :jump:

I hope all the brand loyal, blue goggle wearing, Ricky racer posers leave to another brand. Otherwise they will piss and moan the new YamaCat rides too stiff, handles too aggressively, doesn't look pretty, isn't "pure" enough to be a Yamaha. That mentality has been holding Yamaha back for years. In the meantime Cat offers performance, sleds that can actually go around a corner, bash through the bumps and aren't the laughing stock of the industry whenever they show up for a race.

DoktorC said:
Mighty said:
Gman900 said:

It has a genesis motor....5 valve....meaning Apex motor not a Nytro motor (according to the pictures..). But you're right about the NA.

the leaked pics show that it has the hood of the turbod 1100 with the vents. The non turbo and 800 doesnt have those vents there. Why would they put the turbo hood on if theres no intercooler to cool behind it?

devinzz1 said:
DoktorC said:
Mighty said:
Gman900 said:

the leaked pics show that it has the hood of the turbod 1100 with the vents. The non turbo and 800 doesnt have those vents there. Why would they put the turbo hood on if theres no intercooler to cool behind it?

To give the Yamaha a unique look would be my guess.

Back