• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha RE-tooling for 2020

I hear from a local dealer Yamaha has bought 300 acres in Canada and a new factory will be built for sleds ?

I hear from a local dealer Yamaha has bought 300 acres in Canada and a new factory will be built for sleds ?

Woo hoo, sleds will now cost $30k each!!

This would be a smart move given that the currency exchange is usually where it sits at the moment.
It's has been a huge advantage for Doo, and it is something that isn't discussed very often.
Yamaha was always at a disadvantage building and shipping sleds from Japan. How could they be competitive in price?

The sheer volume of speculation on Yamaha's future is mind-boggling.

Where's Chris Reid when you need him...those were the days. Information! Sweet, sweet information.

Everyone loves thier winders! Yet there are hundreds for sale 2017 1nd 2018 brand new just on one site alone in Canada! Close to same for Cat 9000/tcat! So 2010 as a retool maybe 2015! Never saw that many leftover Apexs back in 2013 when I was looking for one!

In addition, it is unfortunate they couldn't put one of those small kickback clutches in the starting gear setup, much like many ATV's and bikes have. Would have saved Yamaha, AND Yamaha customers a lot of $$$$$

Yet the Nytro did not have the same problem Maybe the problem lies with Cat?

Everyone loves thier winders! Yet there are hundreds for sale 2017 1nd 2018 brand new just on one site alone in Canada! Close to same for Cat 9000/tcat! So 2010 as a retool maybe 2015! Never saw that many leftover Apexs back in 2013 when I was looking for one!
I have to agree with this doesn't seem like the mass consumers want to buy Vipers or SWs or we would not have the inventory reduction program. I don't have buying interest in either just not what I want. I guess they will be able to sell off the leftovers sooner or later sooner would be better. lol

I have to agree with this doesn't seem like the mass consumers want to buy Vipers or SWs or we would not have the inventory reduction program. I don't have buying interest in either just not what I want. I guess they will be able to sell off the leftovers sooner or later sooner would be better. lol

The whole "leftover" crisis with the Vipers and Winders that Yamaha blames for the 2019 cutback doesn't make sense to me; it apparently has a "geographic" component to it that I do not understand. I have bought and serviced my sleds at two Yamaha dealers here in Maine, one close to where I live, and the other up where I ride. One of them has only one left over 2017 Winder and no leftover Vipers. His website currently shows a total of three 2018 Winders and Vipers in stock. Back at the beginning of March, the other dealer told me he bought @100 2018 Yamaha sleds, and that he had already sold 90% of them; most of the ones he had left were the Japan built sleds. Even before Yamaha made the 2019 announcement, he was talking about buying leftovers from other dealers so that he would have enough Vipers and Winders for next year. Both dealers are multi-brand dealers, and they have way more leftovers from their other brand(s) than they do from the Yamahas. If anything, it seems like it is the other three manufacturers that should be having a crisis about leftovers!

The whole "leftover" crisis with the Vipers and Winders that Yamaha blames for the 2019 cutback doesn't make sense to me; it apparently has a "geographic" component to it that I do not understand. I have bought and serviced my sleds at two Yamaha dealers here in Maine, one close to where I live, and the other up where I ride. One of them has only one left over 2017 Winder and no leftover Vipers. His website currently shows a total of three 2018 Winders and Vipers in stock. Back at the beginning of March, the other dealer told me he bought @100 2018 Yamaha sleds, and that he had already sold 90% of them; most of the ones he had left were the Japan built sleds. Even before Yamaha made the 2019 announcement, he was talking about buying leftovers from other dealers so that he would have enough Vipers and Winders for next year. Both dealers are multi-brand dealers, and they have way more leftovers from their other brand(s) than they do from the Yamahas. If anything, it seems like it is the other three manufacturers that should be having a crisis about leftovers!
Makes you really wonder what they are going to do. It does make sense to me when I look at it this way. Do what ever you can to move all product off the floor in the showrooms. Then you can decide if you want to stay in the business, building your own sleds or yamacats, or bow out! I just pray they stay in the business! In the future could Yamaha be a spring buy only elite sled company? This is what I think might happen!

I believe all they need is 3 motor choices & 1 chassis done right in 2 different lengths!!!
Tall windshields, storage, heated seats & things can be accessories!

Woo hoo, sleds will now cost $30k each!!

No problem here. Wait a few years to find out what the issues are. Wait a few more for Yammy to figure them out and make adjustments. Wait a few more for the next big thing to come out. Whala - sitting in my garage under 6K.

The way I understand it your dealer can buy whatever he needs from the current Yamaha inventory. I don’t know how those buying mechanics are implemented but my best guess is dealers go thru the local regional factory rep and he would check the inventory for exact sled requested then bills the selling dealer at an agreed price. Things could get tricky when color ,track and shock package isn’t what the end user wants but sooner or later take it or leave it kicks in.

There are NO left over Sidewinders here. There are just as much or more Apexs and Vectors to be sold.....

The last I heard my dealer isnt bringing in any 2019's.Theyre just sticking with the 17 and 18's they have left over.Im not sure how many they have but there are a few on the showroom and you can see a dozen or so crates out back.The state of Yamaha sleds is pretty bad here.Its hard to sell a Yamaha in a private sale.The trade in value is low too,even at the Yamaha dealer.The Bombardier dealership won't take any on trade.The Cat/Polaris dealership will consider a Viper but from what I can see you won't get much and they sell them for real cheap,even the turbos.They absolutely refuse any other Yamaha,they specifically mentioned the Apex and Nytro.

Back