• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Sliders

I really think this is an issue Yamaha should address. Definitely more of an issue on Yamaha than other brands and has been for quite a few years.

Just got back from the 4 brand sled show in Winnipeg. I talked to the rep, they are supposedly looking into the slider issue and will have something hopefully by the fall of 2011. I laughed so hard people were looking at me. Anybody else hear this?
I dont believe that they are actually looking into this problem at all.
COME ON YAMAHA RIDE WITH ME I CAN PROVE IT TO YOU, MY SLED EATS SLIDERS. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM

mryamaha said:
Just got back from the 4 brand sled show in Winnipeg. I talked to the rep, they are supposedly looking into the slider issue and will have something hopefully by the fall of 2011. I laughed so hard people were looking at me.
COME ON YAMAHA RIDE WITH ME I CAN PROVE IT TO YOU, MY SLED EATS SLIDERS. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM
Anybody else hear this?

I just got back from a 1550km trip, and not only did I not have an issue with the sliders, but the XP Renegade that I was riding with did. Conditions were often hard packed and icy, and the smell of Renagade sliders burning became very common. We all had ice scratchers, but I only used my about half as often as the others.

A few more wheels would be a good idea for really hard-packed conditions, but I can't complain at all about hyfax wear.

NFLD-Nytro said:
mryamaha said:
Just got back from the 4 brand sled show in Winnipeg. I talked to the rep, they are supposedly looking into the slider issue and will have something hopefully by the fall of 2011. I laughed so hard people were looking at me.
Anybody else hear this?

I just got back from a 1550km trip, and not only did I not have an issue with the sliders, but the XP Renegade that I was riding with did. Conditions were often hard packed and icy, and the smell of Renagade sliders burning became very common. We all had ice scratchers, but I only used my about half as often as the others.

A few more wheels would be a good idea for really hard-packed conditions, but I can't complain at all about hyfax wear.

But could say that if you didn't add the larger Poo wheels?

mryamaha said:
Just got back from the 4 brand sled show in Winnipeg. I talked to the rep, they are supposedly looking into the slider issue and will have something hopefully by the fall of 2011. I laughed so hard people were looking at me. Anybody else hear this?

CR said on Sled Talk recently that they are making changes to the XTX skid for 2012. Not sure if it is both XTX's or not.

Seeing as he is in charge of product development , I would say that is from the " horses mouth" .

Here is one for the record books.

I did 4500km's on my first set of sliders....basically 2 seasons....and they were at the wear limit. With maybe a month to go in the season, I decided to get them replaced because we were going to put some "spring" miles on. New set and 220km's and poof! Sliders gone. Now it was spring conditions, and we ran with poor lube for maybe 10km's (at like 70km's thru the woods, not wot), otherwise it was wet??

I went back to the dealer who looked rather puzzled and realized he had put on the standard sliders as opposed to the HP version and replace them free of charge...great dealer here.

So I am on the yami HP set and to make sure I wouldn't burn I put on ice scratchers. They were cut in half in 100km's.

The track isn't tight and there was no hyfax smell as I asked my buddies to check. The only thing I can see is there is residual plastic on the guides which may act like an abrasive, and the wear is not the same left to right, so maybe a scratched guide??

It's going back to the dealer but I have never been so confused on the issue of hyfax.......and I have been doin' slides for over 30 years...

Off Trail Mike said:
Here is one for the record books.

I did 4500km's on my first set of sliders....basically 2 seasons....and they were at the wear limit. With maybe a month to go in the season, I decided to get them replaced because we were going to put some "spring" miles on. New set and 220km's and poof! Sliders gone. Now it was spring conditions, and we ran with poor lube for maybe 10km's (at like 70km's thru the woods, not wot), otherwise it was wet??

I went back to the dealer who looked rather puzzled and realized he had put on the standard sliders as opposed to the HP version and replace them free of charge...great dealer here.

So I am on the yami HP set and to make sure I wouldn't burn I put on ice scratchers. They were cut in half in 100km's.

The track isn't tight and there was no hyfax smell as I asked my buddies to check. The only thing I can see is there is residual plastic on the guides which may act like an abrasive, and the wear is not the same left to right, so maybe a scratched guide??

It's going back to the dealer but I have never been so confused on the issue of hyfax.......and I have been doin' slides for over 30 years...

Somethings definitely going on if you got 4,500km's out of the first set, curious if you or your dealer figure it out?

Might just upgrade to the HP's myself, if I can get them for my Vector?

I did get a response from Chris Reid on the sled talk blog regarding sliders. Here is the link below He said they made improvements in 2010 to the XTX. I just read the comment above this one and it looks to be still problem. I sure hope its better.
Thanks Chris for the reply, I am glad that Yamaha is hearing us. You have a good outlet for us on the Sled Talk site.

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/2011/ ... ivestrong/

Back