• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha we need better skis

vector-er

Veteran
why we have to change our skis or carbide on our sled i think it s time to tell to our dealers and yamaha that we want better skis...........

GM Ford Dodge and every other auto maker need better tires on their car/trucks too. It wont happen.

The stock 5" wide skis suck for off trail or powder riding. They arn't too bad for hard trail riding. They provide light steering and don't dart too bad.

1/4" shim w/Deuce 6" = great handling and no DARTING to 90%!

I've seen guys dart like crazy w/PILOTS and my YAM tracking in a straight line...again trail/snow conditions and SUSPENSION set-up have a LOT to do with it!

I like mine for HANDLING so far...

I tried the 1/4 inch shim and didn't see any difference. But I did with the duce dbl carbide.

It they made everything per :tg: fect there would be no need for the aftermarket companys . and if there were no aftermarket companys you would not know any better and would think what you had was great . So stop bitching and keep them both in bussiness . :tg:
Tom-RX1

Tom-RX1 said:
It they made everything per :tg: fect there would be no need for the aftermarket companys . and if there were no aftermarket companys you would not know any better and would think what you had was great . So stop bitching and keep them both in bussiness . :tg:
Tom-RX1

X2 Thank you Tom.

Tom-RX1 said:
Tom-RX1

WELL SAID ;)!

Who actually keepes the stock skis on any sled?!?!? there are no comparison with any aftermarket skis lets let a company focus on the final product of a sled not so much the graphics, the skis, o its a mile and a half slower stuff. Yamaha makes the most reliable product on the market. there are plenty of options to make it better out there, yamaha Stick with what you know best how to make great sleds!!

Tom-RX1 said:
Tom-RX1

That's lame. Are you telling me that Yamaha doesn't have the resources available to them to respond to what the market wants? I REFUSE to put aftermarket parts on a $10,000 plus vehicle. Why is that an accepted practice?

AN Apex GT is the equivalent of a BMW 5 series in the car world. If I had to replace the factory tires to make my BMW drive straight or not have heavy steering I wouldn't be very happy.

Yamaha205 said:
they should come with C&A skis stock from the factory :Rockon:

Ok lets look at this. I ran razors and now slydogs, and I prefer the slydogs. So I have to spend more to get what i want over what you want. What will everyone do if Yamaha listens, and decides the after market skis they wll use are gen II Simmons. I'd be ok with it for ditch ridding, but not to sure if they will work in the UP on trails. You are never going to make everyone happy with what skis or what track is on a sled. It would be a nightmare to think an manu. could give you a track and ski option, and get all of the sleds delivered right or on time. I am pefectly happy customizing my own sled. I don't need higher dollar skis or tracks on a sled, thus raising the initial investment, and still have to change them in the end. Maxdlx

Back