• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha we need better skis

QCRider said:
Tom-RX1 said:
It they made everything per :tg: fect there would be no need for the aftermarket companys . and if there were no aftermarket companys you would not know any better and would think what you had was great . So stop bitching and keep them both in bussiness . :tg:
Tom-RX1

That's lame. Are you telling me that Yamaha doesn't have the resources available to them to respond to what the market wants? I REFUSE to put aftermarket parts on a $10,000 plus vehicle. Why is that an accepted practice?

AN Apex GT is the equivalent of a BMW 5 series in the car world. If I had to replace the factory tires to make my BMW drive straight or not have heavy steering I wouldn't be very happy.

I think you just have to fine tune your stock skis...the runners will make a world of difference, I mean lets face it STOCK ones are a real JOKE!!! look at "POO" & "CAT" what they did to improve theirs, new style of runners a couple of years back and "DOO" with their PILOTS, their NOT the best skis on the snow for everyone, I was out this week and I happened to be following a "XP" and he had a ton of DARTING and my stock YAM skis where as straight as a arrow...snow conditions will affect a LOT and your set-up!

I've always ran STOCK skis with a bit of fine TUNNING...shim and a good quality runner = good TRAIL riding for the average rider style, if you're going to be OFF trailing or powder riding with a average trail sled...well!

All what I'm trying to say here is YAM is trying to have a HAPPY median set-up for the average everyday "GROOMED TRAIL" rider... :yam:

maxdlx said:
It would be a nightmare to think an manu. could give you a track and ski option, and get all of the sleds delivered right or on time.

You're kidding, right? If there were 3 track options and 3 ski options all they need to do is pick it from the right pile when they assemble it.

Build complexity costs money, period. If these guys were building sleds year round, I might agree with you. But they don't and truth be told, sleds are a dwindling part of thier build schedule. they don't offer tire options on four wheelers or dirt bikes.....

You're kidding, right? If there were 3 track options and 3 ski options all they need to do is pick it from the right pile when they assemble it.[/quote]

If there is only 3 of each, with say 2 different track lengths you still end up with guys complaining that thatsnot what they like. I'm not talking a pakage of track and ski, I meant if every new sled buyer could personalize a sled like they want it would make for a mess. I'd rather Yamaha spend more time refining ther motors and skids, and leave the track and skis to the owner. graned yamha could probablly make a better ski, but why not fix the handwarmers and idler wheels first. They got from last to pushing for #1 with the same basic skis. I'd say they really aren't that important to 90% of new buyers. Maxdlx

Tom-RX1 said:
It they made everything per :tg: fect there would be no need for the aftermarket companys . and if there were no aftermarket companys you would not know any better and would think what you had was great . So stop bitching and keep them both in bussiness . :tg:
Tom-RX1

well put :Rockon:

must me that time of the month for the biatches on here to complain - especially about skis and tracks which are obviously preference items -

Why is anyone defending the poor skis? Other manufacturers modify their ski's every other year! We would all benefit from at some kind of improvement. The ski's are not ideal for anyone under any condition, so preference is out. If it was some sort of comprimise that could be accepted. but it's not, and we're not talking re-inventing the wheel. Ski-Doo's pilots do not need to be modified to work awesome. As for the domestic truck analogy, that would apply to the carbides, not the skis...

Isthatahemi said:
Why is anyone defending the poor skis? Other manufacturers modify their ski's every other year! We would all benefit from at some kind of improvement. The ski's are not ideal for anyone under any condition, so preference is out. If it was some sort of comprimise that could be accepted. but it's not, and we're not talking re-inventing the wheel. Ski-Doo's pilots do not need to be modified to work awesome. As for the domestic truck analogy, that would apply to the carbides, not the skis...

Because this TotallYamaha, and by definition on this site Yamaha can do no wrong.

qcrider you paid 10k plus for a sled what kind of extras did you get? i bought my apex last winter for 8500 otd and as far as skis there are like wheels and tires they should fit the person who is riding the machine you may like that little 5" ski under you but others like me like some thing else i put on the 10" flexi II simmons last month and i love them off trail.

Because this TotallYamaha, and by definition on this site Yamaha can do no wrong.[/quote]

So don't come here. Go get a sled with perfect skis, go to there perfect site, and enjoy the perfect life of no junk Yamaha skis. Yamaha cold build the perfect sled for you, and there would stl be guys pissing and moaning about it. here are guys on here wo have made the skis work for them. I am thiking of getting a second set of skis just for the 2 ver different kinds of ridding I do, should I be complaining twice as muchas the rest of you guys. Yamaha still builds some of the best sled in the world, and Tom definatly has the best Yamaha site in the world. It is simple you don't like eitherone, chose something else. Maxdlx

Amen maxdlx....

NO manufacture not sled not quad not bike not car not truck makes A perfect setup and never will there will always be people unhappy.

The fact that I wish Yamaha would do more for their customers does not mean I don't think they make the best sled. It simply means they could do more. It is annoying that you cannot criticize them here without people getting all bent out of shape about it.

This is a great site and should be a place where we can openly discuss what is good and what could stand to be improved in the future. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, but I have no respect for blind brand loyalty.

QCRider said:
The fact that I wish Yamaha would do more for their customers does not mean I don't think they make the best sled. It simply means they could do more. It is annoying that you cannot criticize them here without people getting all bent out of shape about it.

This is a great site and should be a place where we can openly discuss what is good and what could stand to be improved in the future. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, but I have no respect for blind brand loyalty.

Well Said!!!

I'd also like to add that some of the responses to the critical posts are a lot more destructive than the critical posts. Constructive criticism is GOOD and if it begins to seem overwhelming it's probably for a reason.

Back