• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha x games final

Just saw the race live,taylor was very impressive and so was the sled.I think tucker will win the final,but if taylor can get a medal,that would be great.Why was paul page saying the nytro motor was 30+ pounds heavier than a smoker. :4STroke: Loved his commentary from the great days of cart racing.

low slung said:
Just saw the race live,taylor was very impressive and so was the sled.I think tucker will win the final,but if taylor can get a medal,that would be great.Why was paul page saying the nytro motor was 30+ pounds heavier than a smoker. :4STroke: Loved his commentary from the great days of cart racing.

He was saying it was heavier, because it is. But 30lbs? I don't know about that. Also I think he should be pointing out the benefits of having a 4 stroke racing, than about Taylor being at a disadvantage riding one.

Anyway, great job to the Yamaha Crew, I am impressed with their advancements so far, I am not a strong believer in their race program as it is right now not having any privateers on their sleds, but hats off to Taylor to making the finals! Getting through that first turn will be the key to having a good finish.

They are comnig up,But this damn basketball game. EVERY YEAR they have College basketball games on before the X-games and it ALWAYS runs late!

adubs916 said:
He was saying it was heavier, because it is. But 30lbs? I don't know about that. Also I think he should be pointing out the benefits of having a 4 stroke racing, than about Taylor being at a disadvantage riding one.
Funny, last year all they talked about was how a 4-stroke was such an advantage and how all the other manufacturers would soon be scrapping their 2-strokes and making the move to 4-strokes. They used the story of Doug Henry on the YZ400 in supercross to make the point how its only a matter of time before sleds are all 4-stroke just like cars, trucks, ATVs and just about everything else.
I wonder if maybe their bosses didnt say something to them and thats why they have changed their tune.
I never didnt much like Paul Page. Oh well, at least they finally got rid of Greg Creamer.

Anyway, great job to the Yamaha Crew, I am impressed with their advancements so far, I am not a strong believer in their race program as it is right now not having any privateers on their sleds, but hats off to Taylor to making the finals! Getting through that first turn will be the key to having a good finish.
Yamaha needs to get their own factory riders on the podium on a regular basis before they try to support privateers. At least Yamaha has expanded their snocross program and now have both a pro and semi-pro factory rider.
Having said that, theres nothing stopping anyone from buying an FX Nytro and going snocross racing with it.
I do agree with you though that Yamaha has been impressive thus far this season. I mean, look at how much Malinoski struggled last year. It makes me wonder. Has the sled improved that much over last year or was Malinoski just not all that good in the first place. I mean, even on the Rev this year, he hasnt really done that well. Maybe last year's Nytro wasnt as bad as everyone thought it was.

Good job Taylor another 4th. To bad he didn't get the Bronze, but he was right there at the end. Looked really good from the start. I can really see him winning a race this year. :Rockon: :yam:

Might be one spot off of the podium, but he showed me he can flat out ride with everyone else. Very smooth and fast run. Maxdlx

Back