• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZBROZ front end

should I run the sway bar or take it off?????

Rikman, does your sled sit a little bit lower in the front with the kit? I like the idea of lowering hte ride height on the nytro a little bit...seems very interesting.

My Zbros kit finally showed up today, I was looking through things and I noticed 2 spacers for the upper a arm castor adjustment. It says to put behind rear leg of upper arm (adds 5/8" of castor over stock arms) If more castor is desired the spacers can be moved to in front of the upper a arm(this will give an additional 3/8" more castor)

Should I put them in the rear leg to start out, or just go ahead and put them in the front? What are you guys doing?

I forgot how I actually did it, but I know it involved putting a foot on the a-arm and having the sled on the ground not lifted. Good luck.

Thanks, I guess a bit of monkeying it around will get it.

BTW did anyone get new tie rod ends with their kit? I had to reuse both inner and outer ends, normal?

radianguy said:
Thanks, I guess a bit of monkeying it around will get it.

BTW did anyone get new tie rod ends with their kit? I had to reuse both inner and outer ends, normal?

I reused the steering tie rod ends also.

just a note of caution here guys make sure you using the locknuts and getting them tight,and are using redlocktight,used the green and had a couple of the nuts go awol on me,one with almost disasterous results.

multi sled said:
just a note of caution here guys make sure you using the locknuts and getting them tight,and are using redlocktight,used the green and had a couple of the nuts go awol on me,one with almost disasterous results.

X2. I use nothing but Red loctite on all suspension bolts. Many years ago I by stroke of luck I decided to adjust my suspension on the trail. I happened to notice a nut had totally came off my front suspension. If I hadn't noticed it would have been disastrous. I also check all suspension bolt tightness periodically.

I used red loctite and drilled small holes in them utilizing a cotter pin. One of my nuts came off and thank the big guy there was no carnage!!!

radianguy said:
guys how did you get the lower ball joints tight? that's the only thing holding me up.

i stuck a bunch of washers under nut and best to use a non locknut until balljoint is seated then remove nut and washers and locknut should tighten down just fine once ball joint is seated.

Thanks for the tips guys, I finally got it last night! I used a ratchet clamp to compress the ball joint and everything tightened up first shot.
quick_ratchet_bar_clamp47053_s.jpg

MOUNTY said:
I used red loctite and drilled small holes in them utilizing a cotter pin. One of my nuts came off and thank the big guy there was no carnage!!!
this is what iam going to do,i would highly recomend this especially on the lower ball joint,question for you mounty,was it the lower ball that came off?

Sounds like the kit offers allows you to adjust the caster? I checked the website and didn't understand the concern about shock length?

Above all else, does the kit make the Nytro more stable at high speed? I rode a Polaris Pro-R 600 recently and it was way, way more stable than my Nytro.

Back