• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZBROZ front end

radianguy said:
Thanks, I guess a bit of monkeying it around will get it.

BTW did anyone get new tie rod ends with their kit? I had to reuse both inner and outer ends, normal?

x2 on the above questions????

Gonna bump this one up!

It was pretty late in the year when I installed my Zbroz front end, I never did get it straightened out, sled darted really bad. I adjusted toe, and it got a little better. What are you guys running for toe out? 1/4"-1/2"?? Also, I put the spacer behind the rear of the top arm, would putting it in front tame things down? What does changing the location from back to front actually do?

Your toe should be an 1/8 to 1/4 out with the stock MTX ski. Double check the measurements. Im running summjons with my setup, 1/4 out and there is no darting at all and no heavy steering at all.
Your bushings should be fine with the new kit.

The spacer on the upper shaft is for Caster, By putting it on the front it will increase your caster making it tend to dart less. But also making it less aggressive. I would try moving it to the front. On the MTX's typically you run them on the rear but we are not normally looking for High speed stability. Even with it on the rear, the caster is increased from stock.

lower ball joint

So at first I assumed you put the washer between the lower ball joint and the spindle. This stopped the spindle from compressing the seal on the ball joint. But this didnt make sense because then there wasnt enough bolt on top of the spindle to put the nut on, plus it really should have a washer between the nut and spindle. So I figure I need to put the washer between the nut and spindle, but when I do this the spindle compresses the seal on the lower ball joint. From a few posts in this thread I glean that this is what is supposed to happen. I've never had any experience with sealed ball joints before so I just wanted to be sure. Can someone confirm that the spindle is supposed to compress the seal on the lower ball joint? Do these rubber seals really hold up over time and in the extreme cold? Any periodic maintenance to make sure they last?

Seems like there should be some directions with this kit, or at least a set of torque specs for the upper and lower ball joint spots that aren't part of the stock setup.

z broz install

Could you guys that have installed the z broz plus 1" front kit tell me how you set the caster on the upper ball joint, also did anyone have an issue with the spindle ski bushing being larger than the stock one. I have both the stock yamaha ski bolt bushing and the upbushman bushing set and they are sloppy in the z broz spindle. Thanks

Its camber not caster you adjust with the upper ball joint but what i did was use an electronic angle finder and set them boththe same, if u have a smart phone like an andriod you can download a free app and use your phone as the gauge! I hope this helps you out.

Back