• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electrical Tip For Nytro

Anyone having strange electrical issues with the Nytro, I recommend checking the stock splices connectors in the main harness. I had one coming into my shop that would quit and would not start with no error codes. I found the splice connector for power to fuel injectors bad, cut it off, soldered the wires together and insulated it. See pic for what they look like. In the future I might do that to all of them on mine, might save hassles down the road.

Attachments

• Splice.jpg
    Splice.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 222

This happened 2 years ago to a friends Apex while we were on a 4 day trip.

I actually googled the problem and it brought me to a thread on here (in the apex section) and it turned out to be just what you said. Common problem on the Apexs it seems.

I actually cut it off and twisted up the wires (no soldering iron on the side of the trail....haha), taped em up and we were on our way in less than 1 hour. It really saved the whole trip.

Maybe you can post the location of where it is on the sled, along with the symptoms, cause we may help another sledder out like me!

I checked mine and took a picture of where the splice is. Sorry it is hard to see but it right beside the main harness connector to the harness to the throttle bodies on the left hand side right behind the radiator bracket.

I did a voltage check on mine and it was good. I disconnected the harness, then went into diagnostics to set 09 where the fuel pump runs and voltage is displayed. Measured battery voltage then measured the voltage on the red/blue pin in the harness. it should be the same voltage unless you have a bad connection.

The sled that I found this problem on, would just die and would not start. Fuel pump would come on and no codes were displayed.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Splice2.JPG
    Splice2.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 213

Back