• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain Tensioner

And it works.

A buddy of mine has an AC 1100Turbo boosted to the moon for drag racing. With the Supreme manual tensioner, he's able to get the power to the ground. Runs it up to 15 lbs of boost I think, and his chaincase is still holding after a season. Remove reverse chain too.

He says the auto tensioner can't keep up with the rapid changes between off and on throttle.

I think there is an Arctic Cat tensioner available too from an older model, but I can't remember what it was.

OTM

The Viper will use a "Automatic Ratchet-Type chain tensioner". Not sure if it is the same as cat.

I think it's the same and that's where the problem is....it will over tighten the chain and have premature chain failure.....then you know what happens after that.....maybe Yamaha is fixing this and putting a manual adjuster in....lets hope if not here's the fix ;)!

This is what the chain tensioner looks like.

Attachments

• Chain Case.jpg
    Chain Case.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 776
Yep that's it.....this will replace that so the chain doesn't get to tight .....a few cat guys I now put them in and haven't had a chain problem at all

09nytro said:
jdinny said:
I've got one in my turbo. Jim makes really nice stuff
How do you like that cat....

It's a '12 turbo.
It's the best out of the box sled I've ever owned.
Handles and rides awesome. I'm on my second winter and it still puts a smile on my face when I squeeze the trigger.
I did replace the tri-hub with a 4 wheel kit and fuss with the rear skid shock alittle to get it right for me, also added ROX handgaurds.
3700+ miles on original cat belt.
They're still updating them.
The Viper will be an awesome sled.
Gonna replace wife's LXR with a Viper this year.

That's cool.....I'm still kicking around the doo 1200x and the viper ..not sure yet....
They both ride great......just doing as much homework as pos. on the procross..I know there will be a few things to fix or change ....so the chassis has been holding up good for you then a....

09nytro said:
That's cool.....I'm still kicking around the doo 1200x and the viper ..not sure yet....
They both ride great......just doing as much homework as pos. on the procross..I know there will be a few things to fix or change ....so the chassis has been holding up good for you then a....
I was the same as you in contemplating between the viper and the doo 1200. The 1200 is a great sled, but the body style has not changed in 5 years or so and IMO looks ugly compared to the xp and xs. I rolled the dice and went with the viper.

Back