• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hid lighting vs Halogen lighting

mark

Lifetime Member
Need to aim the headlight still, but heres a good idea what hids look like in a nytro. :Rockon:.

The hids are 35watts per side vs 55/65watts per side from the factory bulbs

dsc00182mediumnq0.jpg

dsc00183mediumst5.jpg

dsc00184mediumju0.jpg

dsc00185mediumuu0.jpg

dsc00186mediumcy4.jpg

dsc00187mediumwa3.jpg

dsc00188mediumyw0.jpg

08NitroRTX said:
Nice contrast!!

Looks like your camera actually pick up pretty good light colors.. nice job!

The lower K bulbs are even more so!!

Yeah pics are pretty blurry, I had my snowmobile gloves on when taking the pics.

Night riding is much better with this hid setup vs the factory lights.

mark said:
08NitroRTX said:
Nice contrast!!

Looks like your camera actually pick up pretty good light colors.. nice job!

The lower K bulbs are even more so!!

Yeah pics are pretty blurry, I had my snowmobile gloves on when taking the pics.

Night riding is much better with this hid setup vs the factory lights.

Your pics would be blurry no matter what. Impossible to eliminate camera shake in very low light. The shutter has to stay open longer to allow enough light in to make an exposure...Only a tripod would save you there.
__
Now with the photography talk out of the way, Nice conversion. The light looks to be noticeably better, and the color is cool too.

I bought my wife a nikon d200 and a tripod I'll see if I can get her to come out to the field and try to take a pic :p

I couldnt use my high beam at all. The middle of the trail where I need it the most is almost comletely dark. Are there any bulbs or secrets that dont cost $300?

Back