• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 XTX idle issue when cold

The only thing I might recommend is pull the coils and put dielectric grease on the inside bottom of the boots.

I started mine last night and let it run for about 15 min with fresh fuel and gave it some good revs on the stand.....started it again tonight and no funky sputter. I assume it was just a mixture of old fuel, stabilizer, and build up from letting it idle for a long time after the service messing with the idle.

All is good now.....thx

I have an 09 XTX w/2500 miles, just serviced and changed the plugs. The sled starts hard when cold, then sputters and stammers for the first few moments it runs, idles around 1300-15500 apon intial start up, the sputters backfires and idle jumps to 1800-1900 idles smooth and returns to 1500-1600 rpms. Only does this when started cold, once the engine has been started it starts instantly and idles smooth and where it should. I have checked the TORS system and the throttle cable and both are within spec. I have changed the plugs and sled still acts funky when cold. I have owned the sled since new and this is a change in behavior, sled has never idled this way before even when temps were well below zero. I would appreciate any assistance you guys can give. Thanks

XTX Kory
did you ever resolve this
I've had this for the past two years

My 2009 Nytro does the same thing. So does my buddies 2008. If it's below -15 to -20 degrees Celsius they just don't seem to run smooth right at start-up. It will often start for a few seconds, then die. Start again and idles horrible for 30 seconds to a minute. Then clears up and runs perfect the rest of the day.

It's been like this since I bought it 5 years ago. I wouldn't worry about it.

Hello from finland!
Long time, but im still write this down.

I had just exactly same issue with my fx nytro! but i found the problem and solved it. It just take 5 days to found that issue..

I have wrote this text in youtube, so read and visit our sledpage to see fotos.
(You can use google translator to read our texts)

solved!! there were missing rubber pacifier next to carburetor. (there is 3 rubber pacifier next to each "carburetor".

In my nytro that rubber were missing in cylider 2 carburetor.

go this website:

https://kelkkalehti.com/keskustelu/index.php?threads/fx-nytro-rtx-keskustelu.8499/page-321

Look my fotos.
my member: "iceACE" and page is 321

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-18-20-23-11-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-18-20-23-11-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 16

Back