• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 xtx lower ball joints

Not really hard to install. If the spindle is really bad, it might be saved using a product to fill in the spaces between the new stainless bushing and the spindle. UpBushman will be able to help you out on this.

How much play is too much play? I'm just reading through some posts in this thread and see some people have lower ball joint play after very few miles (and in op's case right from install). Mine have a little play up and down, but no where near bad. The play has been the same since 3000 km ago (beginning of last season) ski bushings are decent and I installed oilites in a arms. I lube all ball joints and tie rod ends often throughout the winter, maybe this helps?

As they get more play, they'll get pounded out faster. The tech exchange bulletin from Yamaha says the wear limit is 1.2mm (0.05 in.). Upper ball joint limit is 0.6mm (0.02 in.)

The book says the balljoint replaces yamaha part # 8gk-23579-00-00 but yamaha upgraded the balljoint part # to 8gk-23579-01-00 for 08 and the 09 nytros use the 01-00 part#. Whats the difference?

Probably just better material to make it last longer. Physically the same.

My son's 09 Phazer ball joints looked the same as the 07 before they died.

Ulmers has done awesome oilite bushings for a-arms and ski spindle bushings. And very reasonable price

The newer style ball joint is a three piece design, I believe started for 2010 model year. Spherical bearing with two collars that go top and bottom to get it to the same overall height as the original. If you update to the newer style, you'll need to order the collars as well. Items #31 x 2 and #25 or 29 x 1 , per side.
2010_Nytro_SKI.gif

Must be something you did because I got the email notification of your post and got it all:

And your dancing banana don't dance no more :(

WTH the banana doesn't rock, damn just noticed after reading that post & all these months later LOL!
Still does on my profile page though, oh well.
\m/ :) \m/

Last edited:

Back