• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.5" crossover track fit

herndonp

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Does anyone have a 1.5 crossover track in there XTX with the tunnel protectors? Any issue with clearance on the front cooler? I was wondering if I could fit one in without any mods. Do you need to add extroverts or will it live with the stock drivers?

Thanks,

Pete

I know the 1.5 will fit without any mods. If you get a fully clipped track I would put extros in, that way you can run a little looser. Just my 2 cents.

I put a 1.5" track on my RTX and I had to remove the protectors off the front heat exchanger but not the top ones. I am not running any studs so it's not an issue.

I put a 1.5" track on my RTX and I had to remove the protectors off the front heat exchanger but not the top ones. I am not running any studs so it's not an issue.
I believe the approach angles of the skids are different between an XTX and a RTX

So anyone out there with an XTX with a 1.5" crossover that has all the protectors in with no issues?

I took the front out of an xtx for a 1.352 cobra

The 1.5" will fit with all protectors,

I also recommend going with extroverts though as my 1.5" crossover would rachet w/ out them on my XTX

It will fit just fine with the protectors, but I'd take them out as it helps eliminate some ice build up. My bro ran the crossover for a couple seasons on stock drivers without any issue, no slipping.

has anyone run this track studded??? I like the idea of a 1 1/2" track but also like running studs

I'm having a 129" 1.6 Ice Cobra installed as we speak, I was told I will be good to go on clearance..

Let us know what you think of that track especially in the corners. Its snowing here in NH now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417065745.889898.jpg

That was the only pic I had. Track lug got cut off in picture a bit. Think is a 1.5? Not 1.25 but could be in between?

Back