• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

137 Backcountry 1.75 track

Lusemeat924

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder 137 XTX SE
Anybody running this track with a tune? If so, can you please tell me what gearing, what tune HP, what clutching components, etc? Any belt issues?

I ran it year 1 with powertrail tune, 21/41 gearing, stock secondary shimmed, STM 60ys weights and ulmer pink primary spring. Zero belt issues, 109.9 GPS on snow.

I ran it year 1 with powertrail tune, 21/41 gearing, stock secondary shimmed, STM 60ys weights and ulmer pink primary spring. Zero belt issues, 109.9 GPS on snow.
That doesn't seem very fast. I am getting that without a tune and I am a big guy.

Thanks...I think!!!

I am going by speedometer. Some light clutching done. I am thinking of tuning but you are leaning me otherwise. I can't swear 110MPH but I think I remember 112 MPH on speedo. I know 107 MPH isn't a problem.

I was hoping for 120 plus with a 270 tune, exhaust, cold air intake, clutching etc....

I wonder what is a common top speed with 270hp, CAI, EXHAUST,CLUTCHING etc... with a LTX? And what sort of speed reduction does the Backcountry 1.75 give this?

The Backcountry track is a good track but is it worth the top end hit?

Depends on the driver I suppose.

I wonder what is a common top speed with 270hp, CAI, EXHAUST,CLUTCHING etc... with a LTX? And what sort of speed reduction does the Backcountry 1.75 give this?

The Backcountry track is a good track but is it worth the top end hit?

Depends on the driver I suppose.

10 mph minimum

A 1.75 backcountry track and top speed is a bit of an oxymoron.

The real question here should be, how long will that 1.75 track last running over 100mph?? My guess is not long. If it was me, and I wanted/needed that track, I would run the stock cat gearing at the most. Would be alot of fun up til top speed.

I know the backcountry track is more durable, but my brother has a snowcross Le viper that came with the 1.75 snocross track. What a POS for trail riding. Vibrated like an animal and only lasted 1200kms.

I’m putting a 1.75 Backcountry under my 129 turbo Viper RTX this fall. I’m still running the stock 24/50 gearing. I’m sure it will be an animal! But I’m curious how it will affect top end and the longevity.

My BTX 153 with 1.75 21/41 gears TD max 17 it has hit 120mph it shouldn’t be a problem on a 137 1.75 pending conditions of course

110ish on speedo here with my 137 1.75
I’m sure I could have seen a few more mph if I had more room. But above 100-105ish it just creeps up slowly. Sure gets to 100 in no time tho. Sled is all stock and I’m also talking dream-o-meter speed not gps. I’m sure with a tube 120 could be had.

Stock tune mine would run on average 110 mph on the trail.
21-41 gearing.
Hurricane 270r tune I have run 123 mph on the trail with Backcountry 1.75.
Speedometer.

Anybody getting some miles on using this track? I'm currently fighting some clutch heat myself and I'm on my third belt after 1200 miles, lol. I really want to get this figured out.
I'm currently running Dalton Blk/Green with Dalton DTAY 1 in primary, and a Cat Green with 33/35 helix in secondary. Thunder rollers in both clutches, Offset is 57.2mm, 8DN belt, Thunder belt adjuster which allows float. I'm tuned with TD map bundle but only running the 250 right now until this clutch heat issue is figured out. I run hard corner to corner with lots of 70mph plus trail cruising, a few WOT squeezes here and there, I'm not interested and top speed. I also changed gearing to 24/50 from 21/41.
I'm considering going back to stock set up and bring my offset back out a bit to pin point the issue. Any ideas? I have other weights and secondary springs I can try as well.

Back