• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2.86 pitch

08nytromtx16

Veteran
Whats the point of these pitches. To me it seems most of the tracks are 2.52 pitch and thats what the same as the one i want to buy. My problem is i cannot seem to find an 8 tooth antiratchet sprocket for a 2.52 pitch. Am i missing or not understanding something properly? Yah see i want to get an 1 3/4 , 121 track for the pow and then get the 8 tooth to gear it down even more while adding space to make the track fit. So can you guys please fill me in cause im still learning about all this tech stuff. Thanks :Rockon:

I think that they went to a larger pitch to keep the track length about the same (I think they went to 1" longer ie./137" track) and to remove a few reinforcing ribs for that length. Meaning less rods and lugs, and also further apart.

Essentially, to be lighter.

Also, the reinforcing in a ripsaw for example is made out of wood, just an interesting fact.

I think Wahl still makes the extroverts you seek!

If you need 8 tooth extrovert drivers I have them for $75.00 each plus shipping.
Bruce

Not sure, but I heard there was a patent infringement between doo and wahl Brothers Racing. Doo copied and had to change. Not sure if that’s the only reason though.

Dan

Back