• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 FX Nytro Top Speed - Actual Results

Johny2Wheels said:
Unluckydiablo said:
For the record, the FX_nytro is supposed to run in the 6-7 hundred class when raceing. So loseing to a 600 iq is not that bad. We'll see what comes up and how it goes. These are NOT race track sleds, but they hole shot like a sob.

Hope this helps, in any small way it can.

Real life, nothing stay with a Nytro from 0-90 mph, XP 800r, Apex, Mach Z, F7, F8, F1000 etc... The Nytro always badly pull 3-4 lenghts on them. I'm on the lake every weekends, different people are racing all the times, the Nytros always win the short races. Of course it's not a top speed sled.

Thats what you read here, but the Apex cleaned my clock in the mid range 30-60mph.....jumped ahead 4 lenths....

even when you read American SNowmobiler Shoot out the Apex won everywere out of the hole, in the mid range and top end over the FX Nytro....

I jumped ahead of the Apex I was racing from a stop. His sled is faster than my Apex LTX GT. I have the 1.5 track,from a stop I don't think any stock Apex will jump me when on something where I can hook up. Out of the hole I find that nothing is jumping ahead except heavily modded sleds. Apex with clutch kits and a few things done are hard to beat with anything.

09 fx nytro

I only have 300+ miles on my 09 fx nytro I weigh 225 plus gear, on the lake yesterday on good hard pack I was seeing 102-105 all day

03 f6 speedwerx top end clutches ,ceramic pipe, I can beat out of the whole but after 1000ft he will go by by about a sled length.

2- 700 srx triples piped clutched ??? whoop me from start to finish ????

pre rev 583 skidoo believe it or not did respectfull didnt beat me but was within 5 sled lengths.....

apex and rx-1 I can beat start and mid range but they go by on top end...

Do you think these results are the norm for the fx nytro???

I have heard the nytro will wake up/ be faster after 1500 miles is that true?

It will wake up a bit, but if you want more you need clutching and gearing help...

SledFreak said:
It will wake up a bit, but if you want more you need clutching and gearing help...

X2 - these are not top end sleds so if you want more on top be prepared to clutch/gear/turbo/etc... :Rockon:

To date I have only seen 106mph (GPS) for my top speed at 374 miles. I would expect somewhere around 110mph once she's broken in.

I believe this sled should run faster on top end . True, nytro is a torque monster. If only we could drop 50 lbs,. Still a blast to ride when dialed in. Remember the 79 srx had no travel and blew up as often as today's 500ss :die

I was neck and neck with an MxZ 800 in the 1/4 mile and took a Switchback 600 in the same run by about 3 sled lengths. Conditions were doog , Lake run with about 1 inch of snow on top of a hardpack. I hit 103mph on the speedo but only showed 98mph on my GPS. Sled is totally stock other than shimmed skis and some suspension changes. I think I need to stud this sled.

Cheeker, you can edit your post, just look to right after you post and it will say edit...

yamahabandit said:
I believe this sled should run faster on top end . True, nytro is a torque monster. If only we could drop 50 lbs,. Still a blast to ride when dialed in. Remember the 79 srx had no travel and blew up as often as today's 500ss :die

Without clutching, gearing, and possibly turbo/supercharging I don't see these sleds getting above 115mph to 120mph...But I'd love to be wrong...

billymx815 said:
yamahabandit said:

Without clutching, gearing, and possibly turbo/supercharging I don't see these sleds getting above 115mph to 120mph...But I'd love to be wrong...

I agree, if you can pull 115 on GPS, you are doing well....

First i might say that im only 130lbs. I ride with 3 apex, and no one can beat me from 0 to 160 or more. We will have to do some high speed testing, but even from a 70km/h roll (and thats where my sled is very responsive) i took almost 2 to 3 length over my buddies apexs and it stay the same until we left the throttle. I am always in front of them and that with the stock RTX SE clutching and the front limiter straps are at the second hole (looser setting). I could hit 175 kmh all day long on icy roads. Today i hit 167kmh on the icy and very hard trail. Last week for the second time the speedo showed 184 on the lake, but i sould be more like at 181. The speedo was variying beetwen 181-183. That were the best conditions i ever seen on that lake because we lose normally 10-15kmh over an icy road.

One thing i dont catch is because my friend have a 08 Nytro rtx and he could not go over 150. When he race versus our buddies apexs he beat them at the holeshot but the apex take him not so long after. So the guy runnin the apex would'nt believe my Nytro was stock(When doing the race against him i was runnin Drag and Fly). I will do some testing again with them and will let you know the results. Until now, i think i haven't had great luck with the drag and fly. Each setup i made with the clickers were really close to stock even if the tach was not. I will keep working on thoses clutch to get better 660ft times. One thing i know is that i had great luck to put the hand on that very fast Nytro. :4STroke:

1049triple said:
First i might say that im only 130lbs. I ride with 3 apex, and no one can beat me from 0 to 160 or more. We will have to do some high speed testing, but even from a 70km/h roll (and thats where my sled is very responsive) i took almost 2 to 3 length over my buddies apexs and it stay the same until we left the throttle. I am always in front of them and that with the stock RTX SE clutching and the front limiter straps are at the second hole (looser setting). I could hit 175 kmh all day long on icy roads. Today i hit 167kmh on the icy and very hard trail. Last week for the second time the speedo showed 184 on the lake, but i sould be more like at 181. The speedo was variying beetwen 181-183. That were the best conditions i ever seen on that lake because we lose normally 10-15kmh over an icy road.

One thing i dont catch is because my friend have a 08 Nytro rtx and he could not go over 150. When he race versus our buddies apexs he beat them at the holeshot but the apex take him not so long after. So the guy runnin the apex would'nt believe my Nytro was stock(When doing the race against him i was runnin Drag and Fly). I will do some testing again with them and will let you know the results. Until now, i think i haven't had great luck with the drag and fly. Each setup i made with the clickers were really close to stock even if the tach was not. I will keep working on thoses clutch to get better 660ft times. One thing i know is that i had great luck to put the hand on that very fast Nytro. :4STroke:

whats your drag n fly setup?

When i came side by side with my friend apex for a 70 roll, i had 1bolt 5washer heel and 1bolt 1washer tip with the red spring and 8BVFA cam, pink spring at 70°.

Last year i rode alot with the turk set up: 1bolt 5washer heel 1 bolt 2 washer center. This seem to be more like my original set up. Got the same top speed also.

Saturday, the temp was like -5°C, the trails were very hard and with all the original settings who personally i like for doing anykind of riding, i was hitting the rev limiter at holeshot.

When i was on the trail yesterday and hitted 167-168, i had the original 8GL weights with the B-W-B spring, but switched to 15mm roller, 8BVFA cam and pink spring at 70°. Outside temp was -5°C and the trails were icy and very hard but the traction were there. My rpms at holeshot were approximately: 4300-8200-8050 and then climbing up to almost 8800.

Another update: My freind RTX 40e could now hit 163 on the road.

Back