• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Yamaha Nytro Subframe?

Only difference in the 2010 front frame is that the gusset plate (that was added in 09) used in the front between the a-arms has had a material change to increase its strength otherwise than that it is the same - the numbers Roest listed above are correct for each year and I would recommend if you need one order the 2010 style.

Port-Parts said:
Only difference in the 2010 front frame is that the gusset plate (that was added in 09) used in the front between the a-arms has had a material change to increase its strength otherwise than that it is the same - the numbers Roest listed above are correct for each year and I would recommend if you need one order the 2010 style.

Even if you order with the 08 or 09 part numbers they should sub up to the 2010 part number. The 2010 p/n is 8GL-21940-02-00.

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has called Yamaha them self and had any luck getting a new Subframe? If you think it is worth trying could you get me the phone number that I should try.

Thanks!

If yours haven't failed yet its only a matter of time both the 08-09 SF will eventually fail under normal riding conditions.

YamaMTX said:
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has called Yamaha them self and had any luck getting a new Subframe? If you think it is worth trying could you get me the phone number that I should try.

Thanks!

Did you have any luch with Yamaha for a new subframe? I've got a damaged one too.

It took a fair amount of complaining and a good dealer to be on my side! The dealer looked at it and said there was no sign of any impact and between them calling them and myself they sent me one nearly free. I installed it and paid the dealer $80 I think. Since then I have bent two others. I used Grizz reinforced kit on this last one and that has helped a lot. One reminder to use against Yamaha is to tell them that they knew they had a weak subframe as they updated it three years in a row. They didn't have much to say to that. Good Luck!

Back