• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex XTX

BTbt

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
I had a demo ride on the 2011 XTX as well 2011 SE. I liked the idea the long track on rough trails, also on deep snow on lakes. I was wondering if slider wear on this suspension might be more of an issue than on the 128 version. I currently ride a 121 Apex, slider wear not to bad, on second set in 10,000 kms. (done now).

I rode the 2011 Apex XTX also. Liked it alot more than the short version. I have 2 Nytro XTX's and don't see a problem with wear. They are the same skid as the 2011 Apex XTX. The tipped up part is the least worn part on the hy-fax. Also, if you add a good pair of ice scratchers your hy-fax will last about 5 times longer. Once you put a pair on, you will never run without them again.

Agman 57 said:
I rode the 2011 Apex XTX also. Liked it alot more than the short version. I have 2 Nytro XTX's and don't see a problem with wear. They are the same skid as the 2011 Apex XTX. The tipped up part is the least worn part on the hy-fax. Also, if you add a good pair of ice scratchers your hy-fax will last about 5 times longer. Once you put a pair on, you will never run without them again.

Did you remove a set of wheels to install your scratchers? Can you post a pic of your scratchers? I bought a set, that are suposed to mount on the rails and am not sure if it would be benificial to remove the front set of wheels in favor of the scratchers. I also herd poor feed back from the cable stye scratchers that come off the "A" arms.

I have 700 kms on my new XTX and it's looking like its time to change the hyfax. However I herd on this site that they wear fast to a certain spot and then will maintain for many more miles.

Cheers!

just came back from demo ride,tried the xtx and the 128'' se,both sleds were awesome in the twisty's,the xtx was way stiffer though,prob set up,i would of thought the megafloat in the se would of been stiff but no,very plush,awesome in the stutters,boy that's a nice sled,powersteering flat out works,you cannot comment on this new apex before you try 1,its a stunner,very impressed,if this sled doesnt get sled of the year awards by someone,i will be shocked,another strong contender is the 2010 vec ltx,wow,what a diff from my 09,the response is''right now''very smooth,very good accleration,another sled that you have to try before judging,those are 3 winning sleds from yamaha,great job :yam: :yam:

pat the rat said:
just came back from demo ride,tried the xtx and the 128'' se,both sleds were awesome in the twisty's,the xtx was way stiffer though,prob set up,i would of thought the megafloat in the se would of been stiff but no,very plush,awesome in the stutters,boy that's a nice sled,powersteering flat out works,you cannot comment on this new apex before you try 1,its a stunner,very impressed,if this sled doesnt get sled of the year awards by someone,i will be shocked,another strong contender is the 2010 vec ltx,wow,what a diff from my 09,the response is''right now''very smooth,very good accleration,another sled that you have to try before judging,those are 3 winning sleds from yamaha,great job :yam: :yam:

How did the engine/clutching feel?

the engine is smooth,i mean,smooth,engagement isnt harsh like older apex-vector,and its got power,not sure what she tops out at but when we hit the river in elk lake i let her roll for a bit,it hit 175 in no time and was still climbing,had to let off,apparently the speedo is much closer to reality,not 100% sure though

i actually didnt have enough seat time to observe everything,the megafloat was plush but never bottomed,trails werent that ruff,maybe with a set of moguls would of been different,didnt notice any more roll than the standard shocks on the xtx,they both steer with ease imo

morrisond said:
How was the roll in the front end of the SE with the floats compared to the XTX with the standard shocks? Was it as precise?

Did the SE bottom that much?

SE bottomed for me occasionaly in medium stuff. Mega was at 175 PSI as per YMCA's directions to my regional rep.

Seemed similar to my stock Apex GT with 4.9 spring.

I weigh 210.

Anyone know how many PSI these Megas max out at and how heavy a rider that will accomodate?

Pat; How did the XTX ride on the trail re rear suspension compared to SE?

How about handling comparison between the two in the twisties.

We did not have an XTX. SE and a regular.

Rode SE and XtX, the SE rolled more in corners than XTX, felt like not enough air in front shocks. Both rode really well, would be happy with either of them.

I rode the SE this morning in the UP. We were told it has a "little" more HP than the STD Apex. The power is more of a flat line, or straight line, rise compared to a few "bumps" in the power line of a std Apex. We were also told that Yamaha didnt want to increase the HP any more because they wanted to keep the power closer to that straight line for a better "feel", more arm stretching, while driving the sled.
I go 260ish suited up and I wasnt able to bottom the skid in a long stretch of stutters about a foot deep. If I am not mistaken, even Buddah2 didnt bottom the skid also and he goes over 300. The sled still rode plush.
I didnt experience and "rolling" in any corners on the SE. Maybe they made some adjustments to improve the cornering on the SE that we rode.

Riceburner said:
morrisond said:
How was the roll in the front end of the SE with the floats compared to the XTX with the standard shocks? Was it as precise?

Did the SE bottom that much?

SE bottomed for me occasionaly in medium stuff. Mega was at 175 PSI as per YMCA's directions to my regional rep.

Seemed similar to my stock Apex GT with 4.9 spring.

I weigh 210.

Anyone know how many PSI these Megas max out at and how heavy a rider that will accomodate?

Pat; How did the XTX ride on the trail re rear suspension compared to SE?

How about handling comparison between the two in the twisties.

We did not have an XTX. SE and a regular.
the xtx that i rode was super stiff in the rear,dont think its gonna bottom much,the setting was at medium on the torsion spring,on that day,the way both sleds were set up,the se had a much smoother ride,handling on both were nearly identical,with the tipped up rails and eps,it really handles like a shorty on the xtx,but the se black color scheme was a head turner

Back