• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha's

mrosenow said:
HartleRacing said:
well, you guys seem to be a little upset over nothing. what is honestly wrong with the way the yamaha selds are designed?? we already have the most durable, best ergonomic sleds on the market. why do a drastic change??

New Skis across the board, New tracks on multiple models, EPS on more models, new drivers on the mountain sleds.

these are the things we have complained about for years. YAMAHA has listened, and now you guys find more ways to BI**H. reallY?!?!

Your sled must sit in the garage. We ride ours! My XTX was junk by 4600 miles. Bulkhead replaced under warranty. Clutch spider broke. Front upper control arms bent from loose balljoints and play in the bushings. I had to upgrade to SKI DOO wheels to get rid of slid wear. The thing handles like crap so I had to change skis, the head light and handwarmers suck and had to be upgraded. Gauge pod is worthless and hard to see in the stock location. No storage at all. Yep, Yamaha is listening. Screw that. The 2012 Nytro is the same old Nytro introduced in 2008....but more $$. But...the engine kicks butt and the fit and finish on the sled is good. I certainly don't dislike it, but I am ready to spend some $$ and upgrade but I am going to be buying the same sled I bought three model years ago. WTF!?! No thanks, I'm moving to a doo 1200 or z1 turbo.

i have 5000ish miles on my 04 rx1, 4500 on my 07 apex gt, and 3500 on a 04 sxvenom. i ride hard, Tug Hill NY miles on nearly all of the listed miles. the rx1 had to have the rear suspension arm welded once, and a battery change. the apex had donuts changed, and a recall on the Ohlins rear shock, and one lost bogey wheel. other than that, no isses what so ever. I buy sleds for longevity, ergonomics, fit and finish, and rideability. in that order no less.

if you say that there is any sled ever to be on the market that does everything out of the box that the company claimed, then by all means point me too it and ill buy it tomorrow. EVERY sled needs some sort of mods to custom fit it to the riders needs. that is a fact.

These are their 2012 sleds. i think it is a good, respectable line up.

I wish they'd address the mid-level market (don't say the phozer fits here -- that's a ditchbanger) and the 90 or 120 cc market (kids).

But their sleds are great and I like their line up!

HartleRacing said:
EVERY sled needs some sort of mods to custom fit it to the riders needs. that is a fact.

So I should have to replace the idler wheels on a BRAND NEW sled so the slides don't wear down to half in the first 50 miles?

Every mod I did was to fix Yamaha shortfalls. Headlight, skis, idler wheels.....

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nytro XTX. Just wish I could buy a 3 year newer sled that had at least one upgrade. Oh wait, the wheels have replaceable bearings and they fixed the handwarmers? Well the video says the ripsaw track is changed on the RTX and they added new skis. oh boy, fix the problems yamaha.

At least by not changing anything you can move your old models for less money a little easier. Good marketing move.

I have owned NOTHING but Yamaha since 1996. 15 years and 7 sleds.

I have been eyeballing sleds for the past month or so for my next purchase, and was holding the choice till today.

Seems I wasted a month.

We all know what Yamaha IS; reliability, fit and finish, bullet proof motors. But like said above, if I am going to pay long coin on a new sled, I don't want what I bought 3 years ago. It's why I still have a 99 GMC.

If Yamaha doesn't give a crap, I just wish they would come out and say "We don't give a crap." I hate it when someone takes a leak on my head and then tells me it is raining.

EDIT:

HartleRacing wrote:
EVERY sled needs some sort of mods to custom fit it to the riders needs. that is a fact.

Sure. But that should NOT involve relocating the entire rear skid and custom fabricating front spindles to bring a sled to where it should be in the first place.

Pretty good line up. IMO. I love the all black versions of the models. As far as the graphics go I like them as they are not to busy. I'm not a big fan of all the 'over the top' sticker kits. And besides Yamaha sleds have good natural body lines. Paint'em and wax'em I say. The story for me is still EPS. I love it. If I do buy a sled this year its probably going to be the Anarctic Black super sportswagon 2up with the CB and the optional rally fun pack.

mrosenow said:
HartleRacing said:
well, you guys seem to be a little upset over nothing. what is honestly wrong with the way the yamaha selds are designed?? we already have the most durable, best ergonomic sleds on the market. why do a drastic change??

New Skis across the board, New tracks on multiple models, EPS on more models, new drivers on the mountain sleds.

these are the things we have complained about for years. YAMAHA has listened, and now you guys find more ways to BI**H. reallY?!?!

Your sled must sit in the garage. We ride ours! My XTX was junk by 4600 miles. Bulkhead replaced under warranty. Clutch spider broke. Front upper control arms bent from loose balljoints and play in the bushings. I had to upgrade to SKI DOO wheels to get rid of slid wear. The thing handles like crap so I had to change skis, the head light and handwarmers suck and had to be upgraded. Gauge pod is worthless and hard to see in the stock location. No storage at all. Yep, Yamaha is listening. Screw that. The 2012 Nytro is the same old Nytro introduced in 2008....but more $$. But...the engine kicks butt and the fit and finish on the sled is good. I certainly don't dislike it, but I am ready to spend some $$ and upgrade but I am going to be buying the same sled I bought three model years ago. WTF!?! No thanks, I'm moving to a doo 1200 or z1 turbo.
Sorry to say so would I if I had to buy a 2012....... Ya got to be kidding me yammie............ MM.

Disappointed to say the least! I'm not bitchin, just making a comment. I need another beer! :drink:
I love my Nytro but I was starting to look at buying anew sled. Will not however by a new sled that is almost the same as what I have already. Yamaha didn't have to redo the whole lineup, just give us something to drool over.
Funny how Cat and Poo seem to be profitable with sleds in this market, but some guys are using this as a reason for yamaha lineup being stagnant.

Everyone can fight all they want. Bottom line is they are #4 in sales. Lots of customers need to be brought in to dealers kickin and screaming for the yamaha snowmobile and nothing they are doing is accomplishing that.

They have decent sleds, but it aint working. Time for a change, or just get out all together.

Also why would anyone go buy a new nytro when its exactly the same as the tons of leftovers for half the price? What are they thinking there.. i dont get it..

GOOD!!!! I hope all the crybabies and whiners go buy ski-doos and cats..go riddence to you!!! There is no crying in snowmobiling...lol

FACT: Yamaha owners are keeping their sleds longer than any other manufactuers sleds. WHY IS THAT??? ANYBODY??? So...do you think yamaha needs to release earth shattering NEW machines every other year?? Well... you do when you make a "throwaway 2 smoke"...in fact you better if you want to stay competitive.

Don't get your undies in a wad people...the upgrades are significant, especially to the vector. The Nytro and Phazer will probably be gone next year so why upgrade those models??? You powder riders don't like what you see, and I can sympathize with you...but yamaha's bread and butter sleds are the vectors, and apexes...they probably sell 3 vectors for every nytro sold. (I would love to see the sales figures on that)
Relax people...and THINK about it logically

Why is that? Because there is nothing different to look forward to trying on the next model year. So why but a new one? It's been mentioned in here several times already that guys aren't buying, they already have that sled.

Heritage said:
GOOD!!!! I hope all the crybabies and whiners go buy ski-doos and cats..go riddence to you!!! There is no crying in snowmobiling...lol

FACT: Yamaha owners are keeping their sleds longer than any other manufactuers sleds. WHY IS THAT??? ANYBODY??? So...do you think yamaha needs to release earth shattering NEW machines every other year?? Well... you do when you make a "throwaway 2 smoke"...in fact you better if you want to stay competitive.

Don't get your undies in a wad people...the upgrades are significant, especially to the vector. The Nytro and Phazer will probably be gone next year so why upgrade those models??? You powder riders don't like what you see, and I can sympathize with you...but yamaha's bread and butter sleds are the vectors, and apexes...they probably sell 3 vectors for every nytro sold. (I would love to see the sales figures on that)
Relax people...and THINK about it logically

How is it good for Yamaha that Knowones buying. From a business perspective you want to give people a reason to buy buy buy. They are not buying new because like the above poster said, there's nothing new and exciting and better to buy from them. Also knowone is whining they are simply upset they have been let down. Snowmobiles are toys not necessities, people like to be wowed with toys not bored with them.

Not disagreeing with that spike...I am perfectly content with my attak..in this economy I'm not spending $8,000 on a sled let alone $14K.

I just don't agree with people getting pizzy and threatening to go buy a ski-doo...I SAY GO BUY ONE AND STFU!!! Go pizz and moan over at dootalk...one less whiner here...lol :drink:

Back