• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha's

While I am not in the market for a new sled I am disappointed with lineup. The graphics are boring, nothing really looks fresh..just very blaa. I was hoping to see something new..guess it'll be another year

09nytro said:
Nobody has came out with anything just little changes ....oop that was r&d you new what i meant

A new rear skid is far from small changes,and I knew exactly what you meant :Rockon: wait till you see what AC comes out with ;)!

HartleRacing said:
well, you guys seem to be a little upset over nothing. what is honestly wrong with the way the yamaha selds are designed?? we already have the most durable, best ergonomic sleds on the market. why do a drastic change??

For starters, the Apex is way to expensive, especially if you would rather have it without EPS and the Nytro's ergonomics is awful for a person with bad knees. Its just like the rev and since they tilted the clutch resulting in the XP it is now great on your knees. There are no options for me regarding yamaha. It bums me out that i will have to settle for a 1200 xp.

HartleRacing said:
well, you guys seem to be a little upset over nothing. what is honestly wrong with the way the yamaha selds are designed?? we already have the most durable, best ergonomic sleds on the market. why do a drastic change??

New Skis across the board, New tracks on multiple models, EPS on more models, new drivers on the mountain sleds.

these are the things we have complained about for years. YAMAHA has listened, and now you guys find more ways to BI**H. reallY?!?!

Your sled must sit in the garage. We ride ours! My XTX was junk by 4600 miles. Bulkhead replaced under warranty. Clutch spider broke. Front upper control arms bent from loose balljoints and play in the bushings. I had to upgrade to SKI DOO wheels to get rid of slid wear. The thing handles like crap so I had to change skis, the head light and handwarmers suck and had to be upgraded. Gauge pod is worthless and hard to see in the stock location. No storage at all. Yep, Yamaha is listening. Screw that. The 2012 Nytro is the same old Nytro introduced in 2008....but more $$. But...the engine kicks butt and the fit and finish on the sled is good. I certainly don't dislike it, but I am ready to spend some $$ and upgrade but I am going to be buying the same sled I bought three model years ago. WTF!?! No thanks, I'm moving to a doo 1200 or z1 turbo.

Has the 1200 or Z1 changed any more then the ntyro mrosenow? They came out in 2009 and look the same. Im bummed with the 2012 lineup but you picked 2 replacements in the same boat!

I think Arctic cat changed the plastic from the first models to now and I know they have made major changes in performance. The early Z1 motors out of the box are quite different than the new ones. Mostly tuning I believe. I am certainly a yamaha fan, but where is our adjustable handlebars? Adjustable seat? Adjustable headlights? Good gauges? STORAGE!?????!!!!! Have you rode one of these? It is a very nice ride. Front end is heavy, but it takes about 20% of the effort my Nytro does to steer. Their chassis is pretty nice. I don't see them having front end wear issues like we do.
Certainly not an apples to apples against a nytro, but Cat does have some nice stuff. Body panel quality and fit and finish isn't one of them. I have a friend with a 2010 and another with a 2011 so I see what they can do. They walk all over my nytro like it is a 340 twin, no joke.

Far as ski doo I guess I shouldn't talk because I don't see many of them on the trail around here. The couple I have seen look pretty nice but the riders I have talked to didn't have any miles on them to really tell me how they were. Doo does have some nice features like the AC that we don't have.

So Yamaha can't make even a wheel geometry change or front end bushing material change? Not cool.

Great news for the constant trail huggers I guess. I know that is where most of the market is. But for the on and off trail (boondockers) men, no changes, and it is very dissappointing to ME! And they havent addressed the old issues in my book. Seeing a crossover with a 1.25" track makes me want to scream. And they all should have power steering for that kind of money. It might keep the front ends from wearing out so damn fast.

And I have been buying Yamahas since 1978 (Mx Bikes and Sleds).

Well at least the MX bikes are good and I will keep floggen them.

We don't know if all the little things like slide wear and junk bushings have been addressed in 2012 until we go out and ride them for a season.

I am wondering if the 2012's will have the same stud clearance problems that the 2011's have.More than likely maybe that will be a fix for 2013 and they will call it "New"

bottlerocket said:
Has the 1200 or Z1 changed any more then the ntyro mrosenow? They came out in 2009 and look the same. Im bummed with the 2012 lineup but you picked 2 replacements in the same boat!

Nope but they have fixed the few issus with the 2009 1200. But it is already where everyone wants the nytro to be at, 20lbs lighter and handles great out of the box. And is a comfy warmer than nytro sled that can be ridden standing or sitting 300+ miles per day. Give it one more year and it will be the same time frame as the nytro and i bet they have a new 4 stroke engine option for 2013. Probably the next evolution of the ace which will make it even lighter..

Exskier said:
bottlerocket said:

Nope but they have fixed the few issus with the 2009 1200. But it is already where everyone wants the nytro to be at, 20lbs lighter and handles great out of the box. And is a comfy warmer than nytro sled that can be ridden standing or sitting 300+ miles per day. Give it one more year and it will be the same time frame as the nytro and i bet they have a new 4 stroke engine option for 2013. Probably the next evolution of the ace which will make it even lighter..

New rear skid from SD :tg:

mrosenow said:
I think Arctic cat changed the plastic from the first models to now and I know they have made major changes in performance. The early Z1 motors out of the box are quite different than the new ones. Mostly tuning I believe. I am certainly a yamaha fan, but where is our adjustable handlebars? Adjustable seat? Adjustable headlights? Good gauges? STORAGE!?????!!!!! Have you rode one of these? It is a very nice ride. Front end is heavy, but it takes about 20% of the effort my Nytro does to steer. Their chassis is pretty nice. I don't see them having front end wear issues like we do.
Certainly not an apples to apples against a nytro, but Cat does have some nice stuff. Body panel quality and fit and finish isn't one of them. I have a friend with a 2010 and another with a 2011 so I see what they can do. They walk all over my nytro like it is a 340 twin, no joke.

Far as ski doo I guess I shouldn't talk because I don't see many of them on the trail around here. The couple I have seen look pretty nice but the riders I have talked to didn't have any miles on them to really tell me how they were. Doo does have some nice features like the AC that we don't have.

So Yamaha can't make even a wheel geometry change or front end bushing material change? Not cool.

You are so right with your complaints on your last two post. Most Nytro and Phazer owners will say the same thing. They are close, but Yamaha just doesnt want to refine it I guess.

I wasn't looking for big changes. However this lineup is identical to last year except they added power steering to the vector and venture gt. the new skis are no better then the old ski's. Look at doo they came up with a new skid. Yamaha could have left the lineup the same and lets say dropped 50 pounds off each model. if they were going to add power steering they should have added it to the nytro as well.

Naw they need to save the ps for the nytro untill next year so they can put new by it and charge another 1,500 for it. And it'll be the only new sled.

And while Yamaha pauses for a moment of silence, a collective sigh of relief is heard from the aftermarket industry...

Back