• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Prototypes and Spy Photos

I like my SR Viper but wish it had Mitsubishi ECU. Even with a new battery it still has an issue starting in the mornings. Can we just get the ECU's from Japan again. Upgrade the engines for turbos. It's a great trail sled, but after you are used to it you always want more power. If Yamaha fails again this year, I might look closer at Ski doo's 900T. I like to hold onto my sled for years and was the reason for buying the Viper, but it might become ride a few years get the warranty out of it and trade it for a new one again. On another note, I have 2 Vectors and have no issues with them starting.....

The Winder has a Japan ECU. Not sure what you mean by Yamaha failing again......

The Viper was the only one with a Cat tuned ECU and I don't know whey thats the case, but its problematic. I myself wouldn't own a 7000 or a Viper because of it, well that and they are super slow.

The new winders can be had with EPS which is just phenomenal too, and can be boosted up to scare the sheet out of you type power.
I've had mine since 2017 and have close to 8000 miles on it now. The bearings get greased yearly and it gets gone thru every season properly. The only slight "wear" I have is the bell crank bushings so I've just bought a Mainway brass bushing kit for it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this sled of mine.

failing meaning BNG and can't get a new sled because they only make a small amount of them...... If I can get a winder I would rather go that route then a Ski doo. But used prices are off in left field..

failing meaning BNG and can't get a new sled because they only make a small amount of them...... If I can get a winder I would rather go that route then a Ski doo. But used prices are off in left field..
Used prices are starting to come down, at least where I live.

Ski Doo.... that 900R is a slow hard steering machine! It needs a high $$ ECU to go halfway decent, have to plan to put Snowtrackers on it to get it to steer easier for sure. My bud has one that is a Doo guy. He called me a week ago to talk about Snowtrackers because his arms are shot from riding it! He already tuned it, but is still not impressed with the power. Down know why he keeps going back to Doo.

Not sure what you mean by BNG, they have added power steering and refined the ride and handling year after year on the pro cross. Its the best machine on the market bar none, but have fun on that Slow hard steering Doo because Cat/Yamaha is not coming anytime soon with the new chassis yet to replace the four-stroke pro cross.

Not trying to start anything. I still like my Viper but would like if they could fix the current issues with the starting. Yes in 2020 they changed the front geometry. They added power steering to the sidewinders. All in all I should have bought a sidewinder then I would not have to complain about anything. Hopefully they will give us a chance to order one before they sell out in seconds again.

KnapAttack, the Doo thing, its A loss cause, it’s actually sad really. sometimes it’s Really funny also just seeing them struggling, hopefully not to many people get hurt or worse. Those G4’s and 900’s scare me to be honest. Down right dangerous at any speed over 50km/hr.

Ski Doo.... that 900R is a slow hard steering machine! It needs a high $$ ECU to go halfway decent, have to plan to put Snowtrackers on it to get it to steer easier for sure. My bud has one that is a Doo guy. He called me a week ago to talk about Snowtrackers because his arms are shot from riding it! He already tuned it, but is still not impressed with the power. Down know why he keeps going back to Doo.

Not sure what you mean by BNG, they have added power steering and refined the ride and handling year after year on the pro cross. Its the best machine on the market bar none, but have fun on that Slow hard steering Doo because Cat/Yamaha is not coming anytime soon with the new chassis yet to replace the four-stroke pro cross.
Sounds like a set of MPS arms for your Bud's Skidoo would solve his hard steering. In case you didn't know I do make them for the 4 stroke skidoos.

The only thing that could boost the Viper sales would be to bump the displacement to 1200cc so it could hang with 850's, or at least be very close to them.
Or put the Apex engine in. However, I don't see either happening.
Hang with the 850s? The only place the current version won't hang with the 850s is on the lake. If an 850 is pulling away on a trail it is either user error or bad setup.

Your Off topic guys

The Topic is "Prototypes and Spy Photos", the OP hasn't posted any and neither has anyone else. I dont think anyone will either sooooooo......

Yamaha has been very quiet….no sneak peeks or anything. Maybe it will be a bombshell of a release this year. Lol

Back