• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mr. Sled - Future of T.Y.???

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
I am surprised no one has asked yet but, I am wondering what the future of T.Y. might be with Yamaha announcing the end of their snowmobile line in 2025. Can you give us an idea of what the impacts to T.Y. will be due to the closing and what we as a T.Y. community might be able to do to help support and continue this great website?
Thanks for all you do now and all you have done in the past to start, support and grow this website - we all VERY much appreciate your efforts and dedication!!!
Mills

FYI...from another related post about Yamaha's announcement:

One more note. I will continue to keep this site up as long as we have traffic for the Google ads to keep us going. Tell all your family and friend to stay off Facebook and direct them to the site.

I am surprised no one has asked yet but, I am wondering what the future of T.Y. might be with Yamaha announcing the end of their snowmobile line in 2025. Can you give us an idea of what the impacts to T.Y. will be due to the closing and what we as a T.Y. community might be able to do to help support and continue this great website?
Thanks for all you do now and all you have done in the past to start, support and grow this website - we all VERY much appreciate your efforts and dedication!!!
Mills
Didn’t ask because it was addressed in the announcement posted here.

I will continue to come here every day for my regular Yamaha therapy. It’s a great site with awesome people and bookface is no bueno. We will always have something to fix or improve upon.

For the passionate and loyal Yamaha rider there's no better site than TY. Let's do our best to support Tom and TY in the future.

Yamaha isn't the only reason I come to this site. There are lots of places I can go to get Yamaha information. I come here because its a Yamaha site full of smart, experienced members that are willing to share their knowledge and the noise level is pretty damn low.

The reality is that many diehard Yammi fans will keep a blue sled or two around but will begin to explore other brands as well (many already do) so how do we keep the membership and quality of the site going.

Last edited:
For the same reason I still frequent the Buell forums. It's a resource that I have used for care and maintenance of the two Buells I have owned over the years. Let alone the relationships with the people. It's not like I was going there to stay in touch with anyone from Harley/Buell, it was the Riders/Owners.

This is not the first time a MFG has let me down. In this case, it's not like Yamaha is going away. Parts and support will be a non issue with so many common components and folks like Barn of parts taking care of us for those that are hard to get.

Maybe Tom can put up new list for memberships or how to get one and so on. It did expand to sxs someplace I saw so maybe that will help build it a bit for members and sponsors too.

Mills
Thank you for the concern. But as mentioned I wanted everyone to know just because Yamaha turned their back on you, I won’t. All we need is traffic to keep the site going. So please as I mentioned frequent the site as much as possible. Direct Facebook users to go to the site for questions. Those google ads are the main source of revenue to keep us going as well as VIPs.

May have to put our heads together to be more innovative to keep us on track.

Thanks Tom

Also. If you or you friends, family or whoever have jumped over to Polaris I also have PolarisStarPower.com or still ride older models go to Totallyamaha.net or Vmax4.com. All traffic to any of these sites share the same server and will keep us alive.

Last edited:
And turn off your ad blockers!

As Yamaha drops out of the sled business, I can see this site turn more into a "repair and maintenance" info site with a core group of members staying on. I already see this in the forum I'm on that specializes on the GMT360 platform (TrailBlazer, Envoy, etc.) which stopped production in 2009. Traffic has been steadily dropping as well as ad revenue. We also use Amazon and eBay affiliate links where the forum software automatically adds affiliate tags to any links to products posted so anything anyone buys with those tags gives a little back to the originating site. This can be for tools, parts, accessories, etc.

I'll continue to come here as long as I have a Yammy in my sled pool. Lately it's been a great place to commiserate with like minded souls. Kind of like a group therapy for OEM Withdrawal Syndrome. Been monitoring local listings and so far no run for the exits on Delta Boxes. Good number of new and low miles '23 Poo's & Doo's with summer (gouge light) pricing.

Yup, deltas seem to be bottomed out for now. But early model winders headed back to pre-covid pricing again. I have seen plenty of 2017/2018 winders under $10K again. Saw one that was at a dealer for $6900! But it had a pile of miles on it. Like 18K miles.

Back