• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2lb Boost It's Possible

Ruckus you started this with your Gerbil post.Its funny but will always lead to a pissing match.It doesnt help anyone who owns a Phazer so stop instigating.

I deleted my last post. I gotta stop stirring the pot, I know. One of the hardest things about selling my Yamaha is missing this site. Say what you want about the product, TY is a great place to get good info and have some fun. I almost feel like getting another one...my friend has a 2011 Apex for sale...

lets get back to this electric fan, wonder if the motor could be varied speed on throttle position. Some testing would be good to see.

Ruckus said:
I deleted my last post. I gotta stop stirring the pot, I know.

Nah, keep stirrin' it
videoa.gif

I think its simply a matter of potential sales volume

Yamcharger folks proved they can do it but wouldn't sell nearly as many compared to the Attack/Apex models

A Phazer boost system running off the crank would be very expensive & time consuming, r&d wise

It would work great & they CAN do it, it is simply not going to happen on the Phazer.

But we still want it LOL

Weapon X said:
lets get back to this electric fan, wonder if the motor could be varied speed on throttle position. Some testing would be good to see.

Your getting closer but the the ones for 4 & 6 cylinder cars for the air box draw to many watts for the Phazer charging system. Another hint I did find and electric turbo that will work nicely and has a lower watt draw. I am in process of getting this thing to testing. I'm testing to see if I can use the stock air box first. We already have the map sensors for picking up pressure change.

Hey back to Ruckus he just misses how fun these sleds are and the potential of a 600 power plant being able to be produced from a Phazer. Also the comradery on this site with the info shared and friendships made. Give me any sled and I can break it but we have to remember there all getting lighter so something is gone to give.

I was one of the first YamCharger owner's in the US so I wen't through some of the growing pain's. You will be surprised what you need for an air box to hold 2 psi, that was the first problem with the YamCharger. Maybe one of the Turbo comanny's would sell you just the plenum part of there intercooler to build an air box?

I deal with psi pressure alot for my job. An example is when testing a 10,000 gallon underground storage tank 8' X 32' long with air pressure at 5 psi that is equvilent to 50,000 pounds per square inch. I already have thought that I may have to get a air box modified to work and that's ok too. My guess is I'm dealing with 3 gallons of air space so that would be 6 pounds per square inch will see.

Sounds like you know what u are doing with this then lol. I hope it works out before i go and spend $5000 this summer on my phazer lol

How much CFM does the Phazer take in WOT? It will depend on a few things for that electronic super (or realy any super). How much air you can pull in to the box and how much will be pulled from the box. That super is to be moving 1,000 CFM and most engines on the V6 side pull lower to mid 300's to CFM. Cant have PSI with out a set amount or air. I would say since a box would make intake restriction but since the Phazer engine will not need much CFM it might work well. I know the CFM is from open intake and open area out put but I am unsure of how PSI is done open or closed area?
That being said this made for car engines.

The switch is a lever. You can press it, or use the butterfly valve, or gas pedal (hand throttle if you want). It is on or off only switch they do make other for speed control. Down side to both ways is the blower is only to be on 1 min max not running every time you are just driving around only for power (racing) applications.

Back