• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2lb Boost It's Possible

I have it figured to cost only $750.00 and that is on the high side. I have been researching this for a couple of years for intrigue. I am positive I can make it happen and the dyno will have to prove the increase not just cheap chat. I know alot of guys would be jealous if it can happen and they don't have it. so here is my general thought Aaen pipe $475.00 + clean air $25.00 my air box mod which I have this year already. $750.00 for 2lb boost system and 20 HP for $1,250.00 total that's a deal and the same reliability.

My reason for a little more is track speed under load for boondocking this would be all I need for what I do in the Midwest. I love the sled and as a older guy I can use my brain as a fun factor also. I just enjoy making something better that is already fun anyway. If I was loaded and could buy the sky I don't know if that's the anwser either.

Ps how ya like the Aaen pipe ?

Just repacked mine & its still loud LOL

Love the sound, 2nd to none on the Phazer

UP are you gonna be at the give away ride coming up?

UP bushman said:
Hey back to Ruckus he just misses how fun these sleds are and the potential of a 600 power plant being able to be produced from a Phazer. Also the comradery on this site with the info shared and friendships made.

Rob, you're right it is fun. The problem is I don't want a $20,000 Phazer. You have come up with some good solutions for the Phazer's many shortcomings and I commend you for it as it greatly helped the steering woes in mine. Sometimes its just more logical to buy a sled that does what you need right out of the box. Its more economical and you won't take a huge loss when moving on to the next machine. The Renegade Backcountry is the perfect sled for me now. It does what I want and the fuel economy is a little better than the Yamaha. 2 gallons of oil a year is what I put in the Phazer for oil changes so there's no advantage there either. In fact its much easier to just pour it in a little tank than it is to disassemble the sled and bring the used oil to a dealer so they can burn it in their waste oil furnace. I look forward to seeing your boost solution, it should be pretty cool. You've managed to improve your sled by leaps and bounds by the look of it. With a new baby and both of us working, I just don't have the time to tinker with mine anymore. Keep us posted on your results.

With a new baby and both of us working, I just don't have the time to tinker with mine anymore

Hey, congrats!! I have 3 (so far) and they don't take up any of my time, what you talkin about? ;):D LOL

Oh, wait, I never sleep in and go to bed early and dont hang out with friends anymore...but its worth it!

Anyone happen to know the Injector flow rating on the phazers? Looking at the G-force stuff both the Apex and Nytro have no issues compensating for 2psi boost without touching anything so I'm thinking the phazer shouldn't either. I just had a brain-fart and though about taking a spare turbo I have sitting around and making a "slip-on turbo" that slides right in place of my Skinz muffler along with a small stand alone oiling system for the turbo that sits on the tunnel under the seat. The main issue I'm having is figuring out how to turn a turbo ALL the way down to 2-3psi boost, especially the ones I have as they came off small turbo diesel engines and are preset to 15-20psi boost. The turbos themselves have a close enough specs to work.

The stand alone oiling has worked on the turbo I put on a gokart for the kids, simple PVC pipe tank and a cheap 7psi electric fuel pump with 0w20 synthetic in it. Really doesn't do much on a 8hp Honda but It will spool up under load, sounds cool, and the kids love it. For the phazer I would make an aluminum tank and mount it right against the tunnel which would provide plenty of cooling for the oil. Another Positive is IF the turbo cooks or blows a seal you can still ride all day long as you aren't loosing oil from the engine.

blueironranger said:
Anyone happen to know the Injector flow rating on the phazers? Looking at the G-force stuff both the Apex and Nytro have no issues compensating for 2psi boost without touching anything so I'm thinking the phazer shouldn't either. I just had a brain-fart and though about taking a spare turbo I have sitting around and making a "slip-on turbo" that slides right in place of my Skinz muffler along with a small stand alone oiling system for the turbo that sits on the tunnel under the seat. The main issue I'm having is figuring out how to turn a turbo ALL the way down to 2-3psi boost, especially the ones I have as they came off small turbo diesel engines and are preset to 15-20psi boost. The turbos themselves have a close enough specs to work.

The stand alone oiling has worked on the turbo I put on a gokart for the kids, simple PVC pipe tank and a cheap 7psi electric fuel pump with 0w20 synthetic in it. Really doesn't do much on a 8hp Honda but It will spool up under load, sounds cool, and the kids love it. For the phazer I would make an aluminum tank and mount it right against the tunnel which would provide plenty of cooling for the oil. Another Positive is IF the turbo cooks or blows a seal you can still ride all day long as you aren't loosing oil from the engine.

That's when I had a brain-fart reading the G-Force info. I have been riding lately and not working on the project. Hint on the turbo it's a 8" Garrett body with electric motor producing 2-3 lb boost. No heat build up needing oil to lube or cool. It has been tested at 20,000 hours contunious running before locking up. It will be directly hooked up to air box without needing a cooling core. The plan is to set a switch on the throttle body to turn the turbo on at around 8000-9000 rpms. Will see and let ya know but I bet some would like to ride my cart when it's done and working.

canoehead said:

I have read that before and found the big problem with the mini electric turbos is to much watt draw. That's when I found a different solution with way less draw that will work on this project. I'm starting to get more into it but am mighty impressed with the clutching gains I have discovered this year with the roller YVX secondary. I've spent more time on the clutching and riding and when it starts to get more towards the end of the season I'll ramp it up.

Back