• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

8 flashes in the tach and the gas gauge of a 03 rx-1

snoseeker

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
just up dated to a 2017 sidewinder , 2011 xtx apex, 07 attack, 98 700 delux, 97 600 sx
I thought this ment fuel sending unit I bought a used one and the same still happens any ideas

Have you found the problem yet? You did not list Model and year of the sled. You may want to add that to your signature in your profile. However, ...

Based on my '04 Rx-1 Tech Manual:

Did you test the sensor? Across the sensor's connector, it should read 4 ~ 10 ohms empty and 90 ~100 ohms full. Also, as you move the sensor, the readings should be smooth. If you see jerks in the readings, the sensor has intermittant spots in it. Intermittancy is also a problem. BTW, all this is to be done at room temp.

If the sensor checks out O.K., could it be a loose/bad connection at the Meter Assembly. B+ power goes to meter, then out to Fuel Sensor, through the sensor and out to the Common/Ground.

If the meter connection checks O.K., with the sled running, look for B+ on one of the harness pins where the sensor connects. Also, look for a ground/common to the sled frame on the other pin in the harness. Disconnect the sensor from the harness for these measurements. If you do not have a ground, then you need to fix that. Be careful here! You could easily short the meter by touching both pins at the same time with the probe.

If you do not have B+ on the Sensor connection, then go back and look for it on the Meter. You may have to be a bit creative here on how you tap in before the connection, with the connector in place. If you have no B+ at the Meter connection, the meter may be suspect.

Good Luck! If you get through this and get a Tech Manual, you can pretty much test any one of the Sled's E-Components. The Tech Manual has the E-Schematics, which helps greatly in this type of effort.

thanks I will try that

turned out that the pod was not plug in all the way and it sent out that code becuse I went through the wire's and discovered it was not plug in tight and plug in tight the code stoped flashing

could you imagine having to pay a dealer to find that? got to love this site!! :rocks:

Back