• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another failed oil thread 2014

What brand and weight oil are you using?

• YamaLube FS 0W-40

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • YamaLube SS 0W-30

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Mobil 1 FS 0W-40

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Mobil 1 FS 0W-30

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Amsoil FS 0W-40

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Amsoil FS 0W-30

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other FS

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Other SS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Amsoil ow-40 in our group, 4 apex, 2 nitro, all 6 combined close to 100 000 km's, oil still looks good at end season,
All sleds have minor mods, clutch, exhaust, fuel controller etc, no turbos or super chargers yet...

I also run Amsoil in my duramax, i got it with 8200 km and was told that mobile 1 was in there, dip stick was like tar, I changed it with Amsoil and also installed oil bypass kit, I'm at 360 000 km now' motor is still strong like the first day I got it and oil still looks clean after 25 000 oil changes, people can't believe it when I show them the dip stick, looks like i just changed it lol, truck had been tuned with minor mods and lots of HP, I run Amsoil in everything I have, Amsoil all the way...

The better the oil, the faster it gets dirty. Not the other way around.
The oil should lubricate and bring out debris from the inside of the engine. So if the oil turn black fast, the better it is to keep the engine clean. If the oil is still clean after many miles, it just leaves the dirt in the engine.

It's easy to get fooled that cleaner = better.

Last edited:

The better the oil, the faster it gets dirty. Not the other way around.
The oil should lubricate and bring out debris from the inside of the engine. So if the oil turn black fast, the better it is to keep the engine clean. If the oil is still clean after many miles, it just leaves the dirt in the engine.

It's easy to get fooled that cleaner = better.

I run Amsoil 0-40 Powersports. Easy for me to get and with one sled at 18,000 miles and the other at 6,000 with little if any oil useage I see no problems with it. Oh and yes it does get dirty!

Mobil 1 0w40 on sale at my local wally world for 20.00 for a 5 quart jug. Picked up 2 yesterday, so that's what's going in all 3 of my sleds. Interesting they had castrol syntec 0w40 for 24.00 for 5 quarts. Almost bought that to try. Have been running Mobil 1 in all my sleds for years, no problems.

Mobil Delvac 1 5w40 in about everything 4 stroke that I own. Two of three Duramax Diesels, Deere diesel CUT and garden tractors, Honda Rincon ATV, Polaris Ranger XP 900, Honda portable Generators, Kohler whole house generator and soon to be '15 Viper and '15 Renegade 900 ACE.

Delvac 1 AKA turbo diesel truck

Running Yamalube FS 0w-40 in the 2012 Vector, 4300 miles
Mobil 1 0w-40 European in the 2005 Vector, 3200 miles
Rotella T6 15w-40 in the 2009 Grizzly 700, 1100 miles

Well I went with Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy 0w-40... Less then $5 a quart (5 quart jug) and I was able to pick up a single quart to keep in the back of the sled just incase!!!

When the Rotella T-6 0W-40 shows up in the U.S. I'll be switching to that!!!

Thanks for all your responses... Let's keep this discussion going!!!

Noticed just a couple weeks ago that CDN Tire is now selling OW-40 in my neck of the woods. It was on sale too, and I wanted some but I have a stock of Mobil OW-40 to get rid of first.

I have been using Supertech oil from Walmart for the last season, with no problems.

Back