• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another hyfax question

Yama 1000

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper LTX DX
I have a 2011 rtx with 400 miles on it. My hyfax are down to the wear mark Should I change them ? Or will they be fine for another 1000 miles. :rocks:

Once you get to the wear marks they last quite a while, I think it has somthing to do with them heat cycling a few times. I did a low snow kit on my RTX and XTX they are worh every dime. I also did Polaris wheels on my RTX.

Yama 1000 said:
I have a 2011 rtx with 400 miles on it. My hyfax are down to the wear mark Should I change them ? Or will they be fine for another 1000 miles. :rocks:
I think your asking alot from the guys on this site, it's pretty hard for anybody to sit back and tell you, you have x amount of miles left on them. It's all how and where you ride and type of conditions. If the sliders are at their wear point you can do 1 of 2 things. Replace them or monitor frequently and take your chances. That's a call I'll leave up to you. PS You might consider some of the new Yammie hyfax or bigger wheels.

never been a fan of running on the wear mark, id change them because they are cheaper than rails but thats my opinion...

New, BIG wheel kit (Schmidt Bros) and new graphite sliders is what I did. Starting from scratch! I'm hearing lots of miles this way 3000-4000. Time will tell.

Dave

If you have an 1/8 " left on the majority of the slider I would leave it and ride. I found they wear down to this point fast (with in 500 miles) then I have been getting another 1000 from there. I also run trix scrathers which has helped alot

axapowell said:
New, BIG wheel kit (Schmidt Bros) and new graphite sliders is what I did. Starting from scratch! I'm hearing lots of miles this way 3000-4000. Time will tell.

Dave

When you say new graphite sliders are you referring to the new ones that are in back order right now?

Chester

:jump: :jump: :jump:

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

polaris wheels i feel are the best answer - i have 2500 miles on my current slides and am only changing them so i can get through the season without having to do them.

VectorLTX2012 said:
axapowell said:

Dave

When you say new graphite sliders are you referring to the new ones that are in back order right now?

Chester

:jump: :jump: :jump:

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

No the high performance wide slides, black ones, from Yamaha:

"This special plastic and graphite blend material provides an extra slippery surface for high-performance. (sold individually)"

$15-$20 each. I've used them on my Viper too with good results.

Dave

Last season, mine wore down fast until they got to about 1/16" from the mark, then they stayed there a long time.

This year, hoping Excell X Wheels make them last a lot longer.

zeke66 said:
Last season, mine wore down fast until they got to about 1/16" from the mark, then they stayed there a long time.

This year, hoping Excell X Wheels make them last a lot longer.
Believe me they made a huge difference with mine!! Got 700 km's outta the stock set, installed X-wheels and new hyfax. 1600 km's later the hyfax looks like the day I put it on

Larger wheel upgrade is the one of the best mods you can do.
Even if you trust your 3/4 worn slides for another 1000 or so.
Why have that in the back of your mind during a week long trip.
Day 5 and you'll be down on your knees checking if you'll make it home or looking for a Yamaha dealer.

The guys that change out there sliders every 1000kms , are they really worn out or are they just worked in. This is my first Nytro so I don't know yet but I'm just wondering if some of us are changing out sliders too soon only because the first half wore quickly? There certainly would be some areas of the slider that wear more then others as the track hits higher frictional points but does it not stand to reason that once it wears those high friction points down it will then no longer wear that point as quickly. I hope u guys understand what I'm trying to say because I'm not even sure if I do. What ever...go change your sliders if u think they are worn out. Hahaha!!

Thanks for the info guys I decided to change my sliders out . I plan on putting ulmers wheel kit on over the summer. :rocks:

put the bigger wheels on it.
1700 miles and no noticable wear.
just did wheels and hyfax on the phazer.
it actually didnt need hyfax yet, but i just bought the sled and wanted to be sure. plus this way i can see if i get any wear with the bigger wheels.

Back