• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex boondocker tuning

88 yamaha 570

Veteran
Does anyone have a starting point I can go by on fueling on the boondockers? I wanna make sure I got somewhere close when I start tuning and right now I'm good on idle but once I throttle to 3500 or so it goes lean. I know how to tune it but was wondering if anyone could give me some numbers to start from so I'm not tuning from scratch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talk to ulmer racing, they gave me a map for the pc3 for my nytro for free. my sled is stock, but they can help you out. they emailed the map to me

Ya I found it this morning and emailed. Thanks fr the info. Can't wait to finish this thing

You using the old style box or the newer ADA box??

I think it's older. Sleds been with my boss 4 years and I know the 3000 RPM settings are LO MD and HI not ID MD HI

They do not have any basemaps. What are you guys running for like the settings where it adjusts by boost and vacuum? I set both my vacuums to 0. Not exactly sure where to start tuning wich settings to change first. I can't find any how to or tuning tips

I'll look at mine this weekend and see where I'm at, but I'm now running the newer box so it won't be apples to apples. Messing with it may remind of what my old settings were or I might stumble onto some notes.

Let me see if I can assist:
Boondocker Controller:

MU1 3000 (RPMs) settings for LO MD & HI acceleration
MU1 6000
MU1 8500
MU1 10500

MU1 ACEL: This menu adjusts fuel during low RPM acceleration. AM is the amount of fuel to add or subtract. DR is number of injection cycles with 0 being the stock or starting point.

If your having trouble bogging or studdering during idle to spool you probably have to much fuel added in the 3000 settings. These should be 0 0 0 or even negative such as -2 -2 0

U mainly want to add fuel only in the turbo PSI menu which will compensate fuel with boost. The PSI menu gives a place to add fuel at low bost 0-8lbs mid boost 9-20lbs and high boost over 20lbs. Watch ur A/Fs #s:

3000 -1 -3 0
6000 0 -5 0
8000 0 -5 0
105k 0 0 3

Try these. Make sure to boost up slowly and watch your A/Fs

TboL: -4 0 4 8
0 0 20 40 0 0 8 18

TboH: 12 16 20 24
60 80 100 120 20 26 30 35

Make sure you watch your A/Fs#
Idle: 14.5-14.7
0 lbs boost: 13.0
5 lbs boost: 12.5
Over 10 lbs: 11.8

My 3000 LO is like -25... Idles at 14.7/1. Something wrong or I got larger injectors

Back