• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Medium Windshield

mf135

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer, 2017 Apex XTX
I just bought a 2017 Apex XTX, having traded in a Vector. I would like to get a bigger windshield then stock. I see the accessory windshield SMA-8HG96-30-BK comes with additional support brackets. Does the medium accessory windshield SMA-8HG96-20-BK also require the additional support brackets?

Attachments

• SMA-8HG96-20-BK_l.jpg
    SMA-8HG96-20-BK_l.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 83

I just bought a 2017 Apex XTX, having traded in a Vector. I would like to get a bigger windshield then stock. I see the accessory windshield SMA-8HG96-30-BK comes with additional support brackets. Does the medium accessory windshield SMA-8HG96-20-BK also require the additional support brackets?

I have the Tall and want the mid height stock. I am in Mn want to work out a trade some how?

Not sure on this. I do have the tall and I put the mounts in that came with kit. I didn't at first but later found out those little push darts can only handle so many high speed runs before they start popping out. I believe I installed the supports after 600 miles or so.

The medium height windshield SMA-8HG96-20-BK does not require, or come with the support brackets. Those brackets are only used/needed for the tall windshield.

Believe the medium is the STOCK height

On my '07 Apex GT and on my '15 Apex SE, medium was not the stock height. The stock height was low on both of them, about 4" or so lower than the medium. I bought the medium for both machines and it boosted wind protection...just enough but not too much. Tried the tall once and it was too much wind protection for me.

On my '07 Apex GT and on my '15 Apex SE, medium was not the stock height. The stock height was low on both of them, about 4" or so lower than the medium. I bought the medium for both machines and it boosted wind protection...just enough but not too much. Tried the tall once and it was too much wind protection for me.
Great info. Thanks!

Back