• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic cat screen hood pod

Has anyone tried to fit the ac hood pod on a viper....be a good look for a turbo instead of the stack out of the hood

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

We considered the same thing when installing our MPI turbos However underneath the hood With the Yamaha Motor in this chassis is jam-packed. So even if you had the AC air intake louvers up top You still couldn't get the air plenum up to that area. We finally settled on coming out the side but we changed how MPI does it so our air cleaner stands straight up and is tucked in closer to the windshield so its not as noticeable and looks more like its suppose to be there.

Thanks for the answer.....saves time even trying

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

20151217_072622-1.jpg

I like that. Got any pics of it with the side panel off. I want to get mine out from under the hood.
20151006_171626.jpg

Your MPI kit should have came with the longer aluminum tube for coming out the hood. They ship with the parts to do it both ways. I painted the tube black

Last edited:
What I liked about the EVO one is the tube out of the hood is silicone so it does not damage when rolled over.

viper1.jpg

I wish Hurricane would pipe there intake like this, instead of cutting the hood........ :(

Back