• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Awesome last ride

ken0la

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
NONO
Well the weather here is taking away the snow at a record pace. Good news is I got a awesome ride in before the big melt. Bad news is that during a break in said ride, I noticed the left spindle sitting at a weird angle. Turned out the bolt on the upper A arm backed it self out, and I was wondering why the steering was acting up! Good news is we got the bolt back in minus the bushing, and went on our merry way. Then later on after lunch, came out to start the sled only to notice one a marginal snow wheel missing, and upon closer inspection, both inside wheels decided to join it. I made it home tho, drove like my gramma all the way from westhawk to kenora.
Took the skid apart today only to find front shock cracked/split on bottom portion. Looks like I 'm putting in for some OT.

Attachments

• blown shock.JPG
    blown shock.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 44

Center shock toast

Okay, so it appears the centre shock had known issues that have been fixed in 2011. The issue being walls too thin, found a fix at star suspensions;http://www.starsuspensions.com/XTXA.htm

So what are people replacing their shocks with? Surely not another yamaha over priced peice of poo!

I was expecting my mini wheels to explode or just fall off as many others have reported, and it was only a matter of time before having to replace some wheels. Currently looking at the X wheel kit or maybe just buying a used skid with low miles, seeing as a new shock is going to cost some bucks, can you say spare parts...

Suggestions on replacement shock, anyone....

So ended buying an 2010 FXNytro RTX skid with low miles. That takes care of my blown shock issue and the need for replace wheels, although I will be contacting starsuspensions in regards to their fix for the shock thin wall issue. That and a oil change and I'm good to go for next season, oh and some new bushing for the front end...

Time for quading now!

Back