• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn Of Parts Oil Tank Gasket Anybody using it ?

Woop Woop

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 THUNDERCAT
Just curious how many are using this and if it's working. I need to pull it apart the 2nd time and only 700 miles on the sled. 1st time rov stuck, eliminated rov and ran 5/8" hose out footwell. Well that also froze running powder and below zero temps, didn't keep a close enough eye on it I guess, I will cut a slit in the hose 5-6" up now in case bottom freezes. I have the BOP gasket I just didn't use it last time cause it seemed a little hokey, but maybe it's the ticket??

I installed It at the end of last season so I don’t have many miles on it yet. I will say that it seems much more robust than relying on the RTV sealant gasket. so Far so good.

Mines good to go no leaking, was leaking while sitting, not much riding stupid rain.

After spending 2 hours getting all the permatex off both sides, this gasket has got to be better just for that reason. It was leaking out the bottom of the seal. About a inch didn't seal or blew out or whatever ???

Didnt put mine in yet, but I believe itll be fine. Travis says dont add anything to it so I wont but if it ever did leak I have some blue gasket sealer, not rtv, impervious to gas and oil, I use on my chainsaw gas tank gaskets. Never seen the saws that dry. Acetone based.

After spending 2 hours getting all the permatex off both sides, this gasket has got to be better just for that reason. It was leaking out the bottom of the seal. About a inch didn't seal or blew out or whatever ???
For the price of the gasket vs the time to prep for sealant...in the end it's worth it unless you work for minimum wage/hr. put on the gasket and have peace of mind. Your point is a good one..save time. Joe

I’ve had it on for 2000 miles and all is well. The sled now has close to 10,000 miles with the rov still hooked up and never leaked though.

3 days and 300 miles, dry as a popcorn fart under there ... Very happy so far !! Thank you BOP !! Makes me curious why Yamaha or Cat don't use a gasket? But then again why isn't the oil tank just a solid tank bolted to the side of the chaincase cover ??

Last edited:
Ordered a BOP gasket. I noticed fogging, maybe I pour the oil closer to MAX. I pumped the oil out to the middle, watching until everything was fine. I'm from Russia. Mileage 1300 km.

Ordered a BOP gasket. I noticed fogging, maybe I pour the oil closer to MAX. I pumped the oil out to the middle, watching until everything was fine. I'm from Russia. Mileage 1300 km.
how much snow do you have in your area? If you have allot and trails are groomed, how about hosting a bunch of Americans and Canadians who don't have any snow to ride!! Just kidding of course but how is the snowmobiling in Russia? is it organized like in North America...clubs, state property owners and volunteer involvement? Just wondering. Joe

I live in the center of Russia, the New Year's capital of the country! We make well-groomed trails closer to spring. We're driving off-road. We have hills and mountains depending on the region of the country. Basically everyone drives BRP and Polaris. Yamaha is valued as reliable, but marketing and advertising are very poorly developed. We don't have Yamaha tuning, we have to order everything from you, in Canada, Norway. I want to do a Sidewinder setup, but it's very far and long from us.
You have much more fans and connoisseurs of Yamaha turbo snowmobiles, we sell them a little.

I live in the center of Russia, the New Year's capital of the country! We make well-groomed trails closer to spring. We're driving off-road. We have hills and mountains depending on the region of the country. Basically everyone drives BRP and Polaris. Yamaha is valued as reliable, but marketing and advertising are very poorly developed. We don't have Yamaha tuning, we have to order everything from you, in Canada, Norway. I want to do a Sidewinder setup, but it's very far and long from us.
You have much more fans and connoisseurs of Yamaha turbo snowmobiles, we sell them a little.
very interesting, I hope Yamaha is listening as Russia could be a good market for their Sidewinders. There are much more Ski Doo and Polaris than there are Yamahas here too, but the best machine is the Yamaha..agree they could use more advertising to gain market share and bring even more innovation. From Central Russia to Norway is a long ride for Yamaha parts and sleds. Joe

Настройка обходится дорого из-за обменного курса. В остальном у нас есть утилитарные снегоходы Yamaha VK-540 для охоты и рыбалки. На этом форуме есть много полезной информации. Мне нравится тот факт, что я нашел ваш сайт. Наши ребята едут на Алтай и Урал в Россию, там очень хорошие горы и снег. Мы приветствуем всех желающих !!

Last edited:
Настройка обходится дорого из-за обменного курса. В остальном у нас есть утилитарные снегоходы Yamaha VK-540 для охоты и рыбалки. На этом форуме есть много полезной информации. Мне нравится тот факт, что я нашел ваш сайт. Наши ребята едут на Алтай и Урал в Россию, там очень хорошие горы и снег. Мы приветствуем всех желающих !!
Translation:
Setup is expensive because of the exchange rate. Otherwise, we have Yamaha VK-540 utilitarian snowmobiles for hunting and fishing. There is a lot of useful information on this forum. I like the fact that I found your site. Our guys go to Altai and the Urals to Russia, there are very good mountains and snow. We welcome all comers

Back