• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn Of Parts Oil Tank Gasket Anybody using it ?

My SW has had the roll over valve bypassed from zero miles and so far no leaks.
Last year I talked to Travis about ordering an oil tank gasket for my SW and he told me if its not leaking leave it alone and don't bother ordering a gasket...stand up guy...I ordered the gasket anyway and added it to My numerous SW spares along with numerous other Apex, VMax, and Moto Ski parts in parts heaven[Attic of My Shop]

Just installed one on a thundercat
Did you guys trim off the excess or just leave it?

Just installed one on a thundercat
Did you guys trim off the excess or just leave it?
I trimmed off a little of the excess left about a 1/16" hanging out, but certainly not necessary to do. I'm just anial and wanted to make it look nicer lol

Just left it hanging out and 3000 miles this year and no leaks with BOP gasket and ROV delete. I did have to watch the bottom of the 5/8 hose through the footwell in deep snow and below zero temps though, snow has a tendency to accumulate right there in the footwell. No issues at all on groomed trail riding ...

Which bits do I need to use? Torx plus 6IP, 5 IP? The Ribe M6 is not suitable, the Ribe M5 is small. Polydrive bits cannot be found. Maybe it's Torx plus after all?
Screenshot_20220418_212430.jpg

Back