• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

belt life??

tlm7775

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro xtx, rox riser, tuner skis, dupont slides, 1998 Arctic Cat ZR 440, studded and Fox racing adjustable front & rear shocks.
My belt on my 2012.xtx came apart this weekend causing a vibration in the lower end of my sled. Since i had just put dupont slides on, i figured the vibratiion may have been the slides wearing in. I have 1900 mi on the sled, when can the average rider expect to have a belt wear out on these machines? Is my track tension too tight so im over working the belt? There is a small amount of hyfax on the clips. The track looks fine. Any suggestions? I did notice a lot of dust build up from the belt even before changing slides. I did blow out the clutches to clean em a little before riding

Depends on how you ride. If your on and off the throttle alot then you heat up that belt and shorten the life. I know that when I'm in the ditches my belt life is less and the belt gets hot. If I ride trails and am consistent with very little changes in throttle then my belt last longer. This summer I plan on some venting to help reduce the temps. I usually use two belts per season. On belt #2 now since last weekend.

Over 6000 km's and on belt #3 ( and I just put it on at the beginning of this season)

To help with heat building up on belt you can add a fogskinz vent kit on clutch side, it works my kid was going through belts every 350 miles, after install on his xtx, now at 900 miles same belt, he is on and off throttle hard.

I Have over 3000 miles on my belt this time. I don't know why some last longer than others. I ride the same area you do. :)

I lost my first belt at 3127 mi. Put a gates carbon belt on and have 500+ mi on that now and still looks new.

I put a new belt on at the start of each year. just over 3000 miles so far this year and still looks good

X2 on the new belt! I usually lose the belt around 2000 miles. I am pretty hard on them. I prefer the Yamaha belts over the after markets. I ran the Ultimax recently and didnt' feel it was worth the extra $40.

Belt

I have the vent kit on my clutch side. I have removed the foam also. The belt just seems to come apart if I run over 80mph for any time at all. I am on the throttle hard and then will grab the brake occasionally. Not sure if the belt is going to high in the primary to peel the top off. Thus why I was inquiring if anyone had any idea, not how long your belt is lasting. I can't get a belt to last one full year. I have ran Yamaha and ultimax belts with no luck either way. Ideas????

Back