• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent rails

booxr800

Pro
Just wondering if anyone else has bent there rails yet. My track started to slip so I was going to tighten the track and noticed the tipped up rails went from 6 degrees to about 10 degrees. I sure hope my warrenty will cover it only have 940 miles on it. :o|

Interesting, that was my fear with using the XTX for aggressive riding. Not saying you did, but when I was making my decision between the two that was a concern. Any pics? Keep us posted. Unfortunately the rails seem to be an area that the YES or any other warranty for that matter becomes gray. Some seem to have luck, some don't. I would think that as long as there's no other physical damage to the machine it should be covered.

I have seen a -09 SE with a bent rail (not mine but a friends).
The rail was bent because the track caught the track tension adjuster during a jump landing.
This is the reason why snocross sleds use four rear wheels, or forward facing track adjusters...

Alatalo said:
I have seen a -09 SE with a bent rail (not mine but a friends).
The rail was bent because the track caught the track tension adjuster during a jump landing.
This is the reason why snocross sleds use four rear wheels, or forward facing track adjusters...

And they don't pogo stick the landing. Alot damage has been caused by these landings.

LJ 452 said:
Interesting, that was my fear with using the XTX for aggressive riding. Not saying you did, but when I was making my decision between the two that was a concern. Any pics? Keep us posted. Unfortunately the rails seem to be an area that the YES or any other warranty for that matter becomes gray. Some seem to have luck, some don't. I would think that as long as there's no other physical damage to the machine it should be covered.
No other damage just that, I will try to get some pics and I still have to call my dealer to see what they say. And like you said I too was concerned about how aggressive you could ride this sled but everyone I talked to said there wouldn't be any problems cause they are reinforced really well. I guess I will just have to be a little more gentile from now on and thats to bad.

When I purchased my XTX a few weeks back the dealer made sure that I understood that the rails along with the sliders were considered wear items and were not warrantied. Maybe you can slip one by them though. Good luck... 8

Alatalo said:

BINGO! same thing happend to my friends Phazer, thats the sole reason I added the 4th wheel kit. let me guess your rail without the 4th wheel is the bent one???

Notice, the new mono skid has foward facing adjustors?

10_rsvectorgt_d45_4fcddd31.jpg

Alatalo said:
Daranello said:
let me guess your left rail is the bent one???
Not mine but a guy I sometimes rides with.
It is the RH side (the side with only one rear wheel).
Adjuster torn off, rail bent and twisted...

Yeah the side WITHOUT the wheel...i forget with side it was originally

Alatalo said:
scott32 said:
And they don't pogo stick the landing. Alot damage has been caused by these landings.
I admit that he fukked up the landing, but four rear wheels is a good advice. The distance from the track to the adjuster is not too long. This might very well be the reason for bent rails...

My guess is this is exactly what Booxr800 did, and now wants warranty. Warranty doesn't cover this. That's why it's a grey area. He better have a monogamous relationship with his dealer, or the dealer is way too kind. Having Yamaha spend warranty bucks on mishaps rather than legit issues. I've pogo-stuck one of my sleds before too, and never though about warranty covering my idiotic mistakes. There was one other guy on here awhile back had the same problem, never heard much more after we called him out on the pogo-stick landing either. ;):D

I do know how to ride a sled and not #*$&@ up a jump or landing. I never had this kind of issue with any other sled I have owned and I have not even pushed this one that hard yet.

booxr800 said:
I do know how to ride a sled and not **** up a jump or landing. I never had this kind of issue with any other sled I have owned and I have not even pushed this one that hard yet.

I never questioned your riding abilities. Seriously $h!t happens. This is not a common problem. It really sucks that it happened to you. I'm sure it will affect you opinion on Yamahas and their quality as much as some of the others that have jumped from brand X. Before you go back to your dealer, pull the skid and inspect it for signs of manufatured failure; ie. missing piece, loose this or that or a missed PDI proceedure. Anything that would not resemble a harsh impact on the rear. Hope you can get this resolved with the dealer wanting to keep a new customer, sorry about your luck, looks like you drew the short straw.

I was just thinking if my dealer doesn't cover my rails under warrenty would you replace them with stock ones? Or would you go aftermarket and if so what brand? I never had to buy rails before so I am not sure what the best one to buy would be.
Thanks

herculite has a complete skid plus a cobra? track, I believe for sale, 800 usd for the package. You will not find a better deal. He has not posted this yet in the classifieds so best to pm him and scoop it NOW. Check the thread on this forum titled streching rtx......, I had thought about purchasing this too but really have no need for 2 skids, unless I put it under the wifes 600 cat,..hmmm. Just kidding, get on it.

Back