• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

best way to remove old slides

On our first Muni ride last seaon, we had really crappy snow condions the firs day or so, and we had to change slides on at least 3 or 4 sleds. Everybody just tipped their sleds on one side, removed the screws, used a long screwdriver to start the back of the slide through a track window, grabbed the track, gave it a pull, and voilia'! It was easy enough to have to do trailside.
Helpfull hint. Spray the inside of the new slide with WD or something, and use an old piece of slide material to cover the end of the new one as you tap it back into place. Don't forget to put that screw back in, making sure its fully seated. One rider lost a new set of slides due to a screw that wasn't tightened.

I tried an air gun, tapping it off with a block of wood, and pulling it back with t vise grips on it but all to no avail.
I used the reverse method and it was instant. So that's what I'll be doing from now on.

Back