• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big warmup of 2023 here already???

Got back from the UP (Munising area) on Friday. We were suppose to ride Monday to Sat and drive home Sunday, but called it on Thursday and drove home Friday. Usually get about 7-8 hundred miles in but this year 140 miles. When we left some riders were back out but when we tried Thursday it had flashed freezed after Wednesday's rain and was a no go. We are studded but no ice scratchers. Oh well, still hung out with friends. Next year for us.

Got back from the UP (Munising area) on Friday. We were suppose to ride Monday to Sat and drive home Sunday, but called it on Thursday and drove home Friday. Usually get about 7-8 hundred miles in but this year 140 miles. When we left some riders were back out but when we tried Thursday it had flashed freezed after Wednesday's rain and was a no go. We are studded but no ice scratchers. Oh well, still hung out with friends. Next year for us.
This year was a bit nuts. Lol. Pockets of good riding would come and go. Timing was everything & an open schedule helps.
As least you made a run of it.
More snow coming, but I'm pooped from trying to chase it.
Must be old age....haha.

Meanwhile, here in upstate NY, forecast today was for 36 deg. and maybe some snow. Its 46 and had heavy rain. Suns out now. How long will 91 no ethanol premium last? Next winter?

Meanwhile, here in upstate NY, forecast today was for 36 deg. and maybe some snow. Its 46 and had heavy rain. Suns out now. How long will 91 no ethanol premium last? Next winter?
Definitely....I wouldn't even consider taking it out. Unless the lawn mower runs out and you're in a bind.

Hell ya! Full on blizzard warning in MN! :jump:
National Weather Service says could be 20+ inches!!
Now my weather apps have changed the total accumulations from 18-24” to 10-13”. That sounds like the weather forecasters we know so well. They really struggle.

Now my weather apps have changed the total accumulations from 18-24” to 10-13”. That sounds like the weather forecasters we know so well. They really struggle.

One of the few jobs in the world where you can carry a professional certification and get paid to be wrong most of the time.. to be faaaiiiirr. It isnt easy. I used to joke about the weather guys in southern california. Today it is 75, tomorrow it will be 75, three weeks from now it will be 75, this fall, it will be 70, next july it will be 75. And they still make a lot of money.

One of the few jobs in the world where you can carry a professional certification and get paid to be wrong most of the time.. to be faaaiiiirr.....
That's what I appreciates about you, earthling!

Ya WTH? They said this was a given, we were getting 24" for sure. Biggest storm to hit MN in a long time. Now the totals are trending down.

Ya WTH? They said this was a given, we were getting 24" for sure. Biggest storm to hit MN in a long time. Now the totals are trending down.
My wife just sent a text, morning news now says 9-12”. What happened to all this mega storm, storm for the ages talk? The Hype Masters never fail us. I wonder if they are tied with big business? Gets all the people stock piling groceries, beer, you name it.

Don’t get me wrong, a foot of fresh snow was just what we needed but all the hype makes me roll my eyes.

Back