• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOP hose protectors

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
How much has to be removed from the sled to put these from his guards on a '19 SRX? I have the tunnel guards too and from what I've read they need to be shortened up to fit properly with the hose guards? I'm hoping to tackle this job on the weekend and want to know what I have ahead of me before getting surprised halfway through.

Remove side panels and hood, seat and plastic cover over gas tank. Remove two pyramid bars over gas tank. Just slide tank back and to side to get at bolts. Also drop rear suspension rear bolts.
No need to mess with front mount of rear suspension.

I should have noted in my initial post that I figure on taking the skid out anyway to go over it all, but I appreciate the info on what else needs to come off or be moved.

Hmmm. I would call Travis. I installed mine a few years ago and didn’t have to do all the above. Had them installed very quickly as I recall.

Hmmm. I would call Travis. I installed mine a few years ago and didn’t have to do all the above. Had them installed very quickly as I recall.
How do you get at the bolts if you don’t do what 1nc 2000 said ?

Without moving the tank could not get a torx socket on the bolt to loosen it up. Mine is a 17 model year. Don't know if tank is different.

No need to take the two pyramid bars out.
True.. but it’s a good idea to do so just to check the rivets under the tank, mine were all loose where tunnel Mets the heat exchanger..
Without moving the tank could not get a torx socket on the bolt to loosen it up. Mine is a 17 model year. Don't know if tank is different.
They changed that to a standard hex bolt.

True.. but it’s a good idea to do so just to check the rivets under the tank, mine were all loose where tunnel Mets the heat exchanger..

They changed that to a standard hex bolt.
I believe the bolts that BOP supplies are hex in his kit and the stock bolts are the gold coloured Torx.

I don’t have my sled available to look at. Mine is also a 17. I recall talking to Travis about the install when I bought them as I am not a wrench. It was easy to do and Took little time. Yes his bolts are hex head. I also recall seeing a post here where someone removed them and found that they had started wear the exchanger where they make contact with it. I believe that person was going to try install rubber or something inside them to stop that. Probably a good idea.

Its been awhile but pretty sure i just pulled the skid out and was able to reach up in there. SPend some time with a file to clean up any sharp edges where the protector sits against the coolant lines.
MS

Like said above, file the edges, plus I found putting a washer between the protector and tunnel keeps the protector off the coolant lines.

This is what I ended up doing. 1.5" track.
Track has had 196 studs installed after picture was taken.
61172.jpeg

This is the reply I got from Travis about the install.

They are quite easy to install. Gas tank does not need to be removed. Just remove the screws that attach the footwell plastic and then you can gain access to the nuts on the foot well bar mounting bolt under gas tank.

I am interested in looking at these rivets though. Is this a common issue with the Winders? How many miles do you figure on the chassis before inspecting them?

Back